drstrawl,need your comment...

istyle

on my jugular mp3 do you think my drumloop lost synch with other
some suggested to use edit-audio extract timing but my cake7 don't have this
any idea?
thnx

I listened to the Jugular thing again and didn't hear anything I could identify as track drift. Could you go through it once more and note the exact time (min:sec) where you first notice an out of sync beat?
As to that "Need for Speed" drum track. I thought it was really harsh; seemed to be almost clipping all the way through. The bass track is what really grabbed me. That guy doesn't need any more speed.

at 1:15 i suspect a drift between melody line
and drumsamples,i think it's because i sequenced melody b4 inserted loop,ppl suggest
playing along the loop again
Do you use cakewalk7?
thnx

Just listened to that section about 25 times and I think what you're hearing is just the fancier lick you inserted right around 1:09
that resolves back to the beat at around 1:15
not quite in the same place; but it still works. Does the drum track "skip" or "drift" as you say when it's MIDI all by itself?
Try this:
Make a .wav of the drum track by itself with a noticeable sync pop at the beginning and end. To do this to the .wav, find the beat you're looking for with the scrub tool, and select a small region around it and boost the amplitude until it clips. You're working with a copy, right? Add the same sync pops to the same places in the finished .wav file and import each .wav to a separate track in CW, lined up with the sync pops at the same start time. Then see if the length between pops is the same in each case, or if the beat drifts away using the audio view.
As to version, I use CW 6.01

[This message has been edited by drstawl (edited 08-27-1999).]

istyle, cakewalk 7 does have audio extract timing. I use it religiously. Edit pop down - Audio - Extract timing.

thnx but mine didn't have extract timing in
edit-audio only those 3dB...,fx,compact
what i'm gonna do?please

You might want to verify your Cakewalk version. In Cakewalk click on the "Help" pop down menu then select "About Cakewalk" at the bottom of the popdown. This will indicate which version you have. If you do have 7.0 or higher, click on the audio portion you want to edit. Go to the Edit popdown section and the 3rd choice from the top should be "Extract Timing". If this is an option let me know and I can give some more info.

mine is 7.0 and there's no extract timing in edit popdowm menu,i checked several times
it just has combine audio,3d...
i have to d/l some updates from cakesite?
thnx

This extract timing command only creates a MIDI track that is placed on the clipboard. It is constructed from peaks found within the audio file. It has <no> effect on the audio file itself. So it can't <resync> your audio file anyway. But it is present in CW 6 and CW 8 under Edit/Audio/Extract Timing.
At the CW site they recommend, for CW 7 or 8:
First, try enabling the "Uses Wave Out Position For Timing" setting under Tools | Audio Options | Advanced. If problems persist, disable the Wave Out setting and consult the chart available at:
http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Docs/DMASettings.htm

for the proper settings of your sound card.

Back