Dropouts in Sonar 6.0

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Yeah Ill be getting X1 or X2 this Xmas.... I've just started getting a lot of dropouts when recording and playing back. I haven't changed computers or settings or anything recently so I'm lost as to why it just started to occur. I run a quad core AMD with 6 gig of ram so I have the processing power. The CPU usage seems high on one CPU when it drops out. I may just reinstall or wait and suffer through it. Oh yeah and I turn off wireless and it doesn't help.

Try emptying your picture cache, if you haven't done this recently - or ever! - it does tend to make Sonar a little less responsive

There's plenty more to do than turn off wireless. Google "xp audio settings daw" or something like that to get the best way of setting up your OS. Turn of virus scanner, don't scan the temporary audio files directory, unplug all usb devices, the list is endless. \

The problem is that we non-pros tend to use our machines as DAWs and home PCs. FYI, I just switched to X1 and am encountering fewer drop outs, though.

Back