Drop In Rec.peddle For 788

SMITHKI

does anyone know what kind of peddle can be used to drop in and out of record mode.i know that tascam has the rc-30p that is for that purpose.is there another make that i can pick up at the music store that will work.i know it needs to be a certain kind because i tried the one from my drum machine and it would kick in to record but would not click out of record.the dealers around here have to order from tascam and do not have any in stock.what do i ask for and what models would work.thanks for any info you can give me.

kirk

SMITHKI said:
what do i ask for and what models would work.

I've used a cheapo Radio Shack footswitch. I think they sell it for using with cassette recorders. It is an SPST Momentary Normally Open switch. You'll have to change the connector. I think they're about 6 or 8 bucks.

HTH,

Lee

I got mine for $30 but I can't remember where. It was a demo or something. Do a google search maybe something will kick out.

kirk
I think most any momentary foot switch will work the only hitch that will sometimes show up that makes it not work right like yours is the polarity is reversed. I'm not familiar with your Tascam, I use the SX 1 LE, but look in your manuals and see if there is a place to reverse the polarity in your global settings somewhere and that should do it. Then retry yours. In any event a momentary footswitch is what you need to have.
Terry

trtjazz said:
I think most any momentary foot switch will work the only hitch that will sometimes show up that makes it not work right like yours is the polarity is reversed.

There is no polarity in a SPST switch. The problem to watch out for is to make sure the switch isn't latching. In other words, make sure it's not a push-on-push-off type switch, and is, in fact, a mometary switch.

Lee

The Tascam switch is the RC-30P. 30-35 bucks.

You should be able to find a simple momentary switch cheaper.

Dude, seriously......Radio Shack.

5 bucks clearence. I got two.
They are a simple on/off foot pedal.

Works with my VS-880 my (former) 424MKII, and Roland SP-6 drumpads.

Dont bother with 30 bucks for the Tascam brand footswitch.
Same function for 1/6th the price.

Sometimes RS actually is good for something.

-mike

Back