Drivers?

\/\/1|_|_

I read some negative stuff on using a USB audio interface because of the possibilites of incorrect installation and installation of drivers. This makes me wary because I'd hate to complicate the installation process by creating problems because I didn't do something correct with the drivers. how do the drivers actually tie into the audio interface? Is it what actually interprets and recieves info from the interface?
I was going to purchase the line 6 UX2 audio interface because it had the necissary features I wanted, but its software with all of the effects(amp, and mike models) really sealed the deal. I planned on purchasing Tracktion 2 software and use the two programs together to achieve my sounds. I'm not 100% sure if that's even a possibility, but if it is, I figured I'd try to get the software that comes with the Line 6 UX2, and actually use it with the maudio audiophile firewire interface.
My computer is a dell desktop with windows XP service pack 2, pentium 4 processer, and plenty of hard drive space. Should the drivers be enough to scare me away from using a USB interface?

\/\/1|_|_ said:
My computer is a dell desktop with windows XP service pack 2, pentium 4 processer, and plenty of hard drive space. Should the drivers be enough to scare me away from using a USB interface?
RELAX!

Buy the Line 6 interface first, then download the Tracktion demo. Unless Mackie have changed their policy in the last few months they offer a 14 day fully functional version of Tracktion for you to try it and make sure it works on your machine and lives up to your expectations.

Back