Drift in recording...foaming at the gums here

SOUND DIAGNOSIS

I spent hours searching the homerecording.com and audiomasters archives, and I still am bamboozled. Since when do I have to check off "correct for drift". Since NOW! And why???? Why in the world does a 3 minute track drift away from the beat every time? This is pissing me off to no end. I have a Delta-66 card and winXP. I have tried all kinds of combinations. I installed new drivers in the 66, all to no avail. Any help appreciated providing I am still on this side of the grass. LOL.

Lee

If you are using a MIDI interface, you might want to check out the SMPTE syncronization.

If you are using loops, make sure you have enabled snapping... I doubt that's the problem. Sorry, that's all I can come up with!

gibson_eb2d said:
If you are using a MIDI interface, you might want to check out the SMPTE syncronization.

If you are using loops, make sure you have enabled snapping... I doubt that's the problem. Sorry, that's all I can come up with!

No midi...no loops...just straight fu....I mean straight-up recording/tracking. :)

Thanks for trying, friend!

Lee

Back