Dreams - Fleetwood Mac cover

philbagg

Just Killing Time
SM57 about a metre from me, my acoustic, and the singer from my band, all live. Recorded for fun.

Not lookin for any mix critique, just thought I'd throw it up. Hope you enjoy :D

PS: Not actually sure I like the new look of this place...

For some reason I knew this was going to be the song that was played. The lead singer has a great voice and does a great job here Phil. Good going.

Nice. You're vocalist has Stevie Nicks down to T. You could hit the vocals with a nice compressor, smooth them out a bit

For some reason I knew this was going to be the song that was played. The lead singer has a great voice and does a great job here Phil. Good going.

Did the thread title give you a hint? :p

Cheers man, much appreciated :)

Nice. You're vocalist has Stevie Nicks down to T. You could hit the vocals with a nice compressor, smooth them out a bit

She's quite the good impressionist (others including Leann Rimes and Shakira). Can't smooth anything individual out on that recording, it's all live, one mic. Might throw a multiband on to it later and see if that can do a better job.

Thanks for listening :)

what is it with you Irish having such good singers...??:mad::D
Lovely voice, full of character and without Stevie Nick's goat-like vibrato. Nice.:)

I am downloading it on a really slow supposed-to-be-broadband.... I really love this song, so I am looking forward to hearing it.

And I am not too thrilled with the new look either.

Cool cover you get enough of these and you could have a hit unplugged CD :D

I'd probably record them properly in that case.

Showed this one to a friend of mine and we've already been offered to appear on a radio station that he works for. Some good promotion right there :)

I am downloading it on a really slow supposed-to-be-broadband.... I really love this song, so I am looking forward to hearing it.

And I am not too thrilled with the new look either.

7 hours to download a song? Sheesh :rolleyes:

:D

Let me know what you think when you hear it :)

Back