Drawmer DL241

wes480

I bought this thing a couple of years ago because I heard it was good and I found one used at a local shop. It is the TRS version not XLR.

Honestly I have no clue what made me buy it esp. considering it was around $400 - but now looking online I see that new they are still like 7-800 bucks so I am pretty excited about it all the sudden.

As far as using it for post mixing - not while tracking....how does that work? I know for using it while recording I could plug it into the inserts on my Firepod and track with it.

But if I had a recorded track and just wanted to add some compression to it - do I need to plug into the inserts still, or do I have to use an output of the soundcard into the drawmer?

In either case, are there ever problems with syncing the track up correctly...with the project again? Lets say I have recorded a little part in the middle of the song and it is all in time. When I record it back in how do I make sure I didn't get any extra leading space etc. that will end up getting my track off time by a bit?

I don't understand much about post-mixing w/outboard gear. Thanks!

Back