dr-670 error

drummr2112

Hey guys, new to the forum here. Glad I found this.

I've had a dr-670 for awhile now, and I've been getting the following error everytime I power it up,

UPD SPD 100C

Anyone know what this means? I'm going to switch out the backup battery but I'm not so sure that is the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom

That error message isn't listed in my DR-670 owner's manual, so I don't have any idea what it could be.

Hopefully replacing the backup battery will help. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

I just paged through my DR-670 user's manual and I cannot find anywhere that those mnemonics would be displayed. :confused:

I hope replacing the backup battery clears thing up for you. Might not hurt to replace the six AA batteries as well - I've heard of other transient problems being caused by low main batteries. Had you been receiving any low battery messages before you started having the problem?

Well, replacing the backup battery did not help, as well as replacing the 6 AAs. This had been happening for a little while, but I managed to sometimes clear it by switching the power. Now it won't clear.

What is odd is that you can press the START button and it goes through some memory or ROM check or something. Also pressing the BASS button does something similiar, no idea what exacty it is.

I'll have to take it in to a shop I guess, hopefully it's not a main board issue or something, ugh.

Whatever it is, I hope it's cheap. :)

Before you take it in, you might want to re-seat any socketed chips on the main board. Could just be an iffy connection.

Hey!

It’s been 15 years since this thread was created, but I’m having the exact same issue now with my dr-670. Did anything happen to have been figured out regarding this issue?

Thanks!

Back