Dr-008 Outs!

Hexatonica

Hey guys.
I can´t figure it out a, i think, simple thing.

In the great FxDr-8, i want to apply some FX on it, but, mmm How can i say it...(i´m from the third world sorry...lol).
For Example: A compressor to the kick, and some eq on the snare!

That´s it...
I hope you can understand my problem!

Hexatonica
Thanx!

You can download the manual at FxPansion.
If I had DR008 on this computer I could tell you in a second. I'll let you know later if no one else has yet.

Yo, Hexatonica...

In order to insert/apply FX on the track you must do all your MIDI works to be bounced/recorded to audio tracks.

Can you explain it step by step in "third world" terms, Jaymz...?

Sure, you'll take these steps...

1. Open Synth Rack, insert the DR008 DXi2...

Attachments

• insert dxi.jpg
    insert dxi.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 51
2. Click the property, and load the kit you like (or make your own kit...)

Attachments

• load kit.jpg
    load kit.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 50
3. Make/record the MIDI sequence. Each sound on separate MIDI track. (eg. in my example here, I put Kick on track 6, Snare on Track 7, Hihat on track 8, etc...).

Attachments

• separate tracks.jpg
    separate tracks.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 51
Well, thats one way, DR-008 does have an effects loop/aux bus, though... you can do it that way if I'm not mistaken, though I'm still not near my DR-008 to look...

4. Select one of those MIDI track AND the DR 008DXi2 audio track together, click Edit --> Bounce to track(s). Select the destination track (eg. in my example here, I bounced to track 9 for kick). The result will be audio track of the kick. Make sure you bounce ONLY one MIDI track TOGETHER with the DR008DXi2 track. Then you'll get the audio tracks of their own (Kick for kick, Snare for snare, etc...).

Attachments

• kick.jpg
    kick.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 45
5. Repeat the step untill all those DR008 MIDI track is bounced to audio track. After all is done, you can insert/patch effect to those audio track as you like. You can even apply the effect (destructive editing) to the audio track...

;)
Jaymz

Attachments

• patch fx.jpg
    patch fx.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 41
tubedude said:
Well, thats one way, DR-008 does have an effects loop/aux bus, though... you can do it that way if I'm not mistaken, though I'm still not near my DR-008 to look...

Sure you can do that either, but this way, the FX inserted in the bus will be applied to the whole kit. My way above will give you more flexibility to apply certain FX to certain sound (eg. comp. on kick, Eq on snare, etc...) like Hexatonic meant above...

;)
Jaymz

Oh Mighty Lord Jaymz, May your knowledge lead us the mastery of the...submarine radar, green thing, hey...a russian submarine coming right now, it´s the one called Vladimir Cubasevich...FIRE TORPEDOES!!!! BULLSEYE...THANX TO THE MIGHTY SONAR!!!!

Well, the way you show me how to do that, is obvious, i mean...put all to different tracks, bounce down... yeah, right. But, otherwise, it´s kind of cool thing, it´s like separate miking of a real drum...

I will try it, when I finish my drum sequence..

Thanx a LOT!

AND IT´S HEXATONICA YOU "AMERICAN" ALL RULING, including language...(Hexatonic is the same, but in English)

LOL, for all those violent comments...

Hexatonica said:
AND IT´S HEXATONICA YOU "AMERICAN" ALL RULING, including language...(Hexatonic is the same, but in English)

Actualy, I'm not American :p Not even close to America. My country is "ninth world" compared to your, Hexatonica... :D Faaar far away... :)

hey guys, what i mean is that the English language is the one in fault, i know you are not from USA (i hate to say America...), take it easily man...

Nevermind...

I´m kind of funny guy...just that...

Hexatonica said:
I´m kind of funny guy...just that...

Relaxtonica :D Most of us didn't speak english as our native language. For me, it's my fourth language ;) . (...while Cakewalk Application Language is the sixth :D ) So don't worry, we made mistake words sometimes...(specialy...*censored* :rolleyes: ) As long as we all understand, no problem... have fun...

BTW, does the DR008 work just fine ?
;)
Jaymz

Last edited:
THANX!

Yeah , thanks jaymz.
The thing works fine, i have reorder the way i used to work with drums, like: separate tracks, piano roll not staff with the II thing for percussion (i noticed that the piano roll is a great great tool, much better than the staff), i used to work with piano roll, mostly for editing purposes, expression, volume, velocity...Now i have to put my brains in the freezer and start again...

Some questions...(maybe i will post a new thread when the time comes, but answer me with a short, and concise senteces...well do what you want)

1) In the piano roll, i want to put the names of the parts of my kit, in the keys of the keyboard in the left.
2)Give me a short explanation, or a reason to start with CAL...(man, i´m seeing it since Cakewalk 3!)
3)I visited your Web! Great work, that kinda of medieval thing, with the violins...
4)HOW YOU GUYZ PUT THE QUOTES!

Thanx, AGAIN AND AGAIN

Back