DP008Ex replacement technical question

maxman65

Ok my one is 8 years old and the record functions are getting a bit hit and miss. If I buy a new one will the SD card go straight in with all the recorded stuff intact and recognised right out of the box

Last edited:
Yeah - my thought is that if it's the same exact model- you should be able to drop that card in and go.

You can ask here, too:

Many thanks having difficulty signing up there for some reason? . But yes I figure It should see the existing card. I'm also half surprised to see it's still in production I think it's been around 2015 wouldn't want to miss out on it going end of life

I've got the DP-03SD. I looked into selling it on Reverb, eBay, etc. but there must already be a hundred or more there already. No one seems to be buying them, but lots of people seem to be buying the DP-008EX for nearly the same price. I guess portability is the main draw for them.

Many thanks having difficulty signing up there for some reason? . But yes I figure It should see the existing card. I'm also half surprised to see it's still in production I think it's been around 2015 wouldn't want to miss out on it going end of life
Sweetwater has a "price drop" on the DP-008EX right now. Might want too jump on that.

You may also want to consider - depending on your budget - that for $370 more you get the considerable increased functionality of the DP-24SD

Yes I agree it's great bang for the buck and it has crossed my mind several times. It's very tempting . But there's also something very focused about a very navigable smaller machine which forces me to rethink sound and composition as I go and be able to virtually forget the machine I'm working on .

Yes I agree it's great bang for the buck and it has crossed my mind several times. It's very tempting . But there's also something very focused about a very navigable smaller machine which forces me to rethink sound and composition as I go and be able to virtually forget the machine I'm working on .
I understand that entirely :thumbs up:

Yes I've often been curious about the dp-03sd . I could never get a definite understanding of the difference . Clearly it has faders versus knobs but I wondered if there was a build quality enchancement or perhaps the preamps were cleaner . Any one really done a side by side comparison?

Back