DP008EX mastering question

maxman65

Anyone know if you can alter the eq live during mixdown mode . Had to share track 3 between strings and a second vocal line

The manual describes setting the EQ for each Track during Mixdown and Mastering but assumes ( I presume ) the settings are to be set and left alone for the Mixdown/Mastering. I would try starting Mixdown, then see if you can go back to the F3/F4 Parameter and Data Wheel Value settings on the fly. I dunno. Maybe it won't allow this without stopping the Mixdown.

I would assume that you can't make adjustments during the process. I know for a fact that you can't on the Tascam DP-24/32(SD). There is a special full mix EQ that is available in mastering mode - but you can not adjust it on the fly while the full mix is being processed.

If I can't do it I'll just have to bounce 3 and 6 vocal section though realistically I've never had the results which suggest no degradation. Not least that the overall levels nevel match up the the original levels

It's not that. it's more that bounces aren't as original as the machine claims . They are always less volume than the original and seem grainier to me

On page 63 of the manual it talks about how you can make several passes at a mixdown - and access previously recorded passes to compare by using the undo function.

On page 62 it talks about how mixdowns are saved to the song folder and can be converted to wav files and moved to another drive (saved elsewhere).

So it looks like you can do a "test" mixdown - depending on how you want to go about it. The undo option looks like the fastest and easiest.

Yes thanks kind of like the undo in the individual tracks. Songs not finished on vox anyway so it's really just to see if I can alter eq as an experiment. Any test mixdown would need to get overwritten altogether anyway

Yes it can be done . Tested it . Basically keep the Eq screen open during mixdown so you can alter quickly while it's in recording mode

Back