DP-02 Mastering problem.

Mike J. 53

Hi gang. Okay, I've got a song that I'm trying to master to burn onto a CD. I have 3 arrangements of the song starting and ending at various points. The last arrangement that I want to master starts at 9:32 and ends at 13.17. So I set my IN and OUT points accordingly, I hit the MASTER button so it flashes, but when I hit RECORD and PLAY to start the mastering process, it starts at zero.

I've mastered tracks before with no problem, so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Yes, I went thru the manual and can't see what I'm missing.

Suggestions?

I don't know if this is going to be helpful, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I'm not familiar with the DP-02, but if it's anything like the 2488, you can only set the OUT point, but it will always start at zero. I hope that's not the case in your situation, but it might help you to know that anther TASCAM product works that way.

I don't know if this is going to be helpful, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I'm not familiar with the DP-02, but if it's anything like the 2488, you can only set the OUT point, but it will always start at zero. I hope that's not the case in your situation, but it might help you to know that anther TASCAM product works that way.

Hi Rami.

Yeah, something told me this was going to be the end result, that it was going to start mastering at zero. What happened was.....I was using tracks 1 thru 7 and rather than "create" a whole new song for each version I just kept all the takes within that one song. The first version was from zero to around 4:00, the second at around 4:15 to 9:00 and the final version which started at 9:32. As far as I can recall, I think this is the first time I've ever worked like this.....keeping all the version within one song rather than create a whole new song for each version.

Thanks for your time.

You could mark & delete everything before 09:30.
Master to the dedicated master tracks from the new start point, (mark a new out point if necessary).
Go to Undo History.
Undo changes (the delete command).

I'm pretty sure this will work.
I've not checked the manual.
:spank::eek:;)

Back