DP-01 Users, recording drums, and after it's on the computer

JazzMasterWil

I was just seeing if there were any dp-01 users out that, that have an awesome trick for recording drums.....

There's not much I can do with (2) 1/4" inputs and no phantom power.

What I'm doing now is micing up my drums, running the mics into the mixer, and running a line out of the mixer into the dp-01.

This is a serious pain in the butt, because my studio basically consist of a big empty bedroom. My brother watches the mixer, and makes sure nothing peaks out, and then adjust the level of the input (to make sure it doesn't peak out).

Then after all of that is set I record, play it back, might slight adjustment on the mixer, record, play it back, make slight adjustmentmixers....... and repeat untill I pull my hair out.

You can listen go to my webpage (sig) and listen to the results, I've been getting with the "guess and check" method.... I'm not very happy with it.

Does anybody have any suggestion about recording drums on the dp-01? If so, I'd love to hear them.

And also after you master, is there anything you can do on the computer to clean it up just a little bit. All my recordings are coming out really low-fi.

Low-Fi can be cool (I recorded a few times a week every week for several years with a porta stuido 02) but isn't really the sound I going for with this project.

Any help is greatly appericated, and as a quid pro co, I'll post a link to an amp you can make. (It's one of thoose 9 volt battery amps, that you build into a cigarette box :D )

http://www.runoffgroove.com/littlegem.html

Thanks again, Wil

When you master, the DP-01 sets the IN point to 00:00:00 automatically; you must set the OUT point to the end (or past the end) of the song. If you don't set it, or have it set to about 4 seconds or less, you'll get the 'too short to master' message.

Back