DP-008 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

uhhuhhim

Hey everyone,

This is going to sound like a really stupid question, but I have to ask it because I'm not sure.

I have a blue DP-01 from several years ago, so when I found out that the DP-008 had been released, which was about a week ago, I was immediately sold based on the size alone.

Anyway, my question is about microphones.

With my DP-01, I've always used my guitar and a PG58 dynamic for vocals (with a female to 1/4-inch input), mostly due to the fact that, in the past, I couldn't afford condensers and like the simplicity and affordability of dynamics.

A lot of focus on the DP-008 seems to be about being able to connect XLR mics and using those as inputs with phantom power.

Here's the really stupid question: I know the DP-008 can record two tracks simultaneously like the DP-01, but can you plug a dynamic mic into one of the 1/4-inch inputs and record the guitar at the same time?

It's a really stupid question, and I assume the answer is yes (because I can do it with my DP-01), but there's also no mention of using a dynamic mic instead of a condenser in the manual. What would the switch (mic/line) be set to to record both? I'm just curious because the mic input on the DP-01 is separate from the guitar input, unlike the DP-008, which has the two inputs next to each other.

I feel really stupid for asking, but it never hurts to ask, right?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I would assume so since i have a dp01fx with the xlr inputs and i can record one source from xlr and another from the line in on two seperate tracks its quite handy THO I i love the machine i only use it to record because i hate the stupid little screen i just take all the recording off and put them into reaper

I would assume so since i have a dp01fx with the xlr inputs and i can record one source from xlr and another from the line in on two seperate tracks

Thanks for the response. I'll just assume that it works like any one of the DP-01 models of the past. I haven't bought it yet, but plan to.

Not at all sure why you'd connect the PG58 via a 1/4" connector. Use the XLR. Put your guitar into the input1 1/4" jack, set the switch to guitar. Connect the mic via XLR to the input2 XLR jack.

Not at all sure why you'd connect the PG58 via a 1/4" connector.

Well, it's a PG58QTR mic, which came with a 15FT cable that has a female XLR to 1/4" connector. Unless I'm mistaken, it's the only type of cable that can be used with the mic.

That's why I was curious if both 1/4" inputs could be used simultaneously when recording. I would actually need to use both inputs with the equipment I have. I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy more equipment since I want to buy the DP-008 and the power supply together in one order.

Just wanted to let everyone who read this know that I found the answer (in the manual). Read, read, read -- I guess. Thanks to those who tried to help, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back