Downsizing on extensive guitar collection

vcgeetar

I feel right now I have too many guitars... 15... and I really don't seem to play a few of them anymore as much as I used to. I am considering selling:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus (EMG 89 in bridge and EMG 60 in neck) but I also have the original pickups that I will include. Also with a hardshell case. (Transparent Red finish)

Fender American Telecaster (Ash body in natural finish with gigbag)

Ibanez RG7621 7-string (vampire kiss finish with hardshell case)

Peavey Firenza (p-90's with gigbag)

I may be selling a few more but I am not sure yet. I have not gotten as far as to considering prices on these yet, but if you send me a pm I'd be willing to negotiate. Thanks.

ez_willis said:
Hmmmm, 15 guitars, 19 years old.

I'll give you $80 for all of them. You couldn't need the money.

vcgeetar in Drum Forum said:
I am selling my acoustic set because I no longer am able to really play it now that I am living in an apartment and purchased a Roland TD-12s electric kit. The kit is as follows:

Starclassic Performer in Dark Cherry fade:
22" kick
10" and 12" rack toms
14" and 16" rack floor toms

DW Collector's Series 14" maple snare

Gibraltar Rack:
Standard curved rack with added t-leg
4 standard booms and clamps
ride boom with clamp
all clamps and mounts for toms

Cymbals:
16" Sabian AAX Dark Crash
18" Sabian AAX Dark Crash
22" Sabian AAX Metal Ride
14" Zildjian K custom Dark top hat
14" Zildjian Z custom bottom hat
10" Sabian Maxstax

I'll throw in another $50 for the drums.

ez_willis said:
Hmmmm, 15 guitars, 19 years old.
I'll give you $80 for all of them. You couldn't need the money.

Louisiana, eh? is it possibly, EZ, that a few guitar players from Katrina are missing something?

Gosh that was awful- your starting to wear off on me :)

haha no i actually have receipts for everything i own.... its more or less just the fact that I have so much and have so little space in my apartment for everything. I am a music junkie... it's my life and all i spend my money on. i work as a computer programmer/web designer/studio engineer so i make a good bit of money and feel that i must invest in music equipment because it keeps me entertained. Plus I know people that work at every music store in the area so i tend to get things relatively close to cost so it works out well for me.

Do you happen to have a classical guitar laying around? :D

how do you like the 81/60 configuration in your les paul? i have a jackson with pretty shitty pickups that i was thinking of putting the same setup into

now that i think about it, how much would you want for the pair of EMG's?

vcgeetar said:
haha no i actually have receipts for everything i own.....
I was in no way implying that you didn't aquire these instruments through proper channels, I was suggesting that you're doing pretty well financially.

Well actually I don't have the 81 in the bridge its an 89... which is essentially a coiltap-able 85. I really like the EMG's but sometimes the pickups are just a little too powerful for me when trying to get really jazzy tones. For the most part I mean I like them, I'd just rather play my PRS most the time.

And for the the hurricanes... I live in Baton Rouge and was only without power for about 5 hours with no damage whatsover, so unfortunately Red Cross or FEMA had nothing to offer me..... I really could of went for a goverment shopping spree at the local GC though..... maybe this year I'll be so lucky. Hurricane seasons is here so I'm really starting to get a little nervous because I haven't updated my database of gear yet. Yah I better do that and send that to the insurance company as soon as possible.

Downsizing is the greatest. I just got a variax to replace everything, and no one can tell the difference. Unless you play the thing. Then it's not quite as cool.

vcgeetar said:
... i work as a computer programmer/web designer/studio engineer so i make a good bit of money and feel that i must invest in music equipment because it keeps me entertained. .

So when did you give up being a neurosurgeon, nuclear physicist, and race car driver? ;^)

vcgeetar said:
I feel right now I have too many guitars... 15... and I really don't seem to play a few of them anymore as much as I used to. I am considering selling:

Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus (EMG 89 in bridge and EMG 60 in neck) but I also have the original pickups that I will include. Also with a hardshell case. (Transparent Red finish)

Fender American Telecaster (Ash body in natural finish with gigbag)

Ibanez RG7621 7-string (vampire kiss finish with hardshell case)

Peavey Firenza (p-90's with gigbag)

I may be selling a few more but I am not sure yet. I have not gotten as far as to considering prices on these yet, but if you send me a pm I'd be willing to negotiate. Thanks.

How fuckin rich R you, my goodness!

I have relatives in Baton Rouge

So what's your exact address? :D

I could sure dig that tele, but nothing else sounds interesting to me.

Back