Down On Me

Good tune bdb's kid.I like the choice of reverb but it might be a little too wet.Im finding it hard to understand all the words.I can get about 90% of them,but then again I cant understand any of the words to some of my favorite songs of all time,so what does it matter?.LOL

The piano notes were good and they accented the tune nicely.

The vocal might just a little bit on the boomy side.maybe cut some low mids.......that might make the words cut through a little clearer also.

Are you an Ani Defranco fan?It has her style written all over it.

Nice job.

I'm listening to the track right now... Very nice track. A bit wet for my taste, but I suppose appropriate in this case none the less. I definately hear the Ani DeFranco comparison... is there one? Well done!

ls

NO!!!

Thanks for your positive input guys!

I agree with the too much reverb btw...also, the guitar is a little thin, now that I listen to it. Let me see what I can do with it.

I have NO desire to sound Ani DiFranco in any way. Do you guys have any of her stuff? If so, could you tell me which song you are referring to? I have never heard Ani use reverb, in fact...she rarely uses piano in her stuff...she wouldn't play such a simplistic chord progression and she is much more on the higher side of alto than I am...hell I am teedering on tenor. I am sure we have nothing in common either...I have been pretty grossed out by her hairy armpits also...and extremely jealous by her talent with the guitar. I really don't see much of a similarity in the lyrics either, she's more of a girl power kick em in the nuts kinda thing....I have some of her stuff but I am no huge fan...by any stretch. She is more like a reference in my library, nothing more.

Back