Dougie J. This is just for you !!

lanac

Dougie,

Well you planted the seed ..lol.. so I did it ... I recorded one of Randals folk tunes last night ... and wanted to pop over here and share it with you .... :)

www.javamusic.com/crowleys

the name of the tune is It's Been Worth it all

Hope you like it .. :)

I did it JUST FOR YOU ....

Uh oh...

Hey Lana,
...FWIW...

Guess you missed the thread where people were griping about "having to sign up" for something just to review music...

...kinda hypocritical, seeing as they "had to sign up" to post here...

...and for some reason MP3.com is OK cuz "well like everyone's signed up for that anyway"

I wanted to hear your song, but I was too lazy to "sign up".

Queue

Awww...Lana.

That's sweet..And like a male led to the slaughter, I will sign up for Java Music, then I will download the song & listen to it tonight.
I promise you my 2 cents after I hear it!

Now people are gonna start rumours about us.
Hope you are not as ugly as I am.

DJ

Queue .. I uploaded it to Mp3 .. as well but it is takin forever to go live ...

and I was anxious for Dougie to hear it ... :)

I had never thought of doing folk before until he mentioned it ... :)

I appreciate you wantin to hear it .. and I apologize for you having to sign up for Java... I was excited and didnt even think about that .... lol

Please Forgive !! I will let you know as soon as it goes live at Mp3 if you really wanna hear ... :)

lmaoo ( I just went and looked and it is live now on MP3 ... It must have jsut gone live cause it wasnt when we left to go out to dinner a bit ago )

www.mp3.com/thecrowleys
Lana

heheh .. Dougie I cant wait to hear what you think ..lol

remember I am a Engineering BABY .. lmaooo this is my second shot at it .... ughhhzz ... still have OODLES to learn .. but thanks to Queue and a couple others it was alot simpler to get going then it prolly would have been .. and I am forever grateful for that !!!

Thanks Guys ... Lana

Lana,
Thanks for saving me from more junk email. Seems no matter how many boxes I uncheck when I join another place, I still get the stuff...

I'm D/L ing from mp3 now, and will give a listen and review. If it d/ls before bedtime, you'll get a review tonight, otherwise, I'll wait until I can listen on the monitors tomorrow.

Queue

Queue, thanks ... :)

I just listened to it on there and it has a really loud hisss in it .. ughhzz .. I hadnt noticed it before ... so I am working on resolving that right now ...

so if possible please ignore the hiss ..lmaoooo

ughhz .. I am such a amatuer !! -sigh

Lana Crowley...

That was flat-out great.

Production was magnificent, performance was wow...
Are you doing any live shows?

It's easy for me to compliment you so much.
You remind me of one of my favorite artists, Nancy Griffith.
Your voice is close to hers.
What kind of mic are you singing through?

And what & where was this recorded, anyway?

Oh..And you can't spam me..I am purchasing your CD on-line tomorrow. Really. I am truly in awe.

To quote Keith Partridge "I Think I Love You"

DJ

Dougie .. you just made my MONTH !!!

I am the HUGEST NAncy Griffith fan .. WE have ALL of her CDS ... we love her stuff ...

I recorded it right here in my office .. lol

on a stage mic .. with my little Soundtech Quantum Mix 1202 ... lol

thank you soo much for the kind words .. lol

I am blushing ... heh

Lana,
Very nice. Overall level is quite low, though, barely made a blip on my Winamp meters... If you got all the sounds up higher, you might not hear that hiss so much.... Were they recorded that low? (or is it just the overall mix that is low...)

What I'm getting at (and others may be able to explain better than I) is the whole concept of recording "hot" so you have less noise. If you haven't read Ed's Mixing Rant, you should. There's a wealth of info in there for junior engineers (you can throw me into that category). I'm much more adept at solving the computer and hardware related issues than I am at recording/mixing...

Queue

I know exactly what you are Saying .... and that is my biggest obstacle now ... I am constantly worrying that it is tooooo loud, yanno ...lol

I am going to read this right now .. !!!! Thanks I appreciate it very much .. any help I can get ! heh

I can actually go into Cool Edit and bring the levels up on it more .. I have been using my speakers ( surround sound) to meter the loudness by .. well and the headphones too ... but mostly using the speakers ...

Thanks again Queue !!!! you helped me again !! Lana

I owe ya .... anytime you need help with something, need some research done or anything please let me know .. I am a whiz at researchin .. :)

Lana

Lana,
Just keep recording and mixing...
After looking at the waveforms in Cool Edit for a while, you'll start to be able to see a good track as much as you can hear it.

Thanks for the offer on researching, but that's half the fun of learning. But if you find something good in your own research (like Ed's rant) please do share...

Queue

I will definately do that ......

I printed out Ed's rant and I am going to use it as a map so to speak .. although I dont understand some of it ... at least it gives me a starting point to play with .. we are fixing to do another recording tonight .. so Hopefully I can get it right this time !! lol

Talk Soon .. Lana

Future Engineering guru !!! ha ha ha ha

Back