Double-ing vocals live

Ray J

Normally, when playing live, even on the songs that in the studio, the vocals are doubled, I just do it single and dry. However, there are a couple of songs that we do that just dont sound the same with a single vocal. Is there something relatively cheap where I could get a doubled vocal sound when playing live? My mixer is mono, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Last edited:
I assume that just putting a reall quick delay on there would work. Maybe an echo? I don't know which. Whatever would just delay the sound a few ms and only once.

geet73 said:
I assume that just putting a reall quick delay on there would work. Maybe an echo? I don't know which. Whatever would just delay the sound a few ms and only once.

That would probably work but don't make the delay too quick because it can cause your voice to sound kinda tinny.

Try using a pitch-shifter, set it for 5 or 10 cents, somewhere in there. Pretty subtle, but thickens nicely. Very light phasing or flanging can be effective as well.

Thanks for the responses.

geet73/Goodland- Yeah, a dash of delay thickens it up a bit. I use this on quite a few songs. However, there are a couple of songs that are screaming for an actual double tracked sound.

boingoman - thanks, I'll do some homework on that

Big Kenny - I think you misunderstood the question

Lurk R - I was looking at those online last night. A little pricey for one or two songs but, maybe I'll get one sooner or later.

Back