Don't F with me...

Titanship

Just kidding, kinda-
For under $500, what's the best mic for vocals and acoustic guitar. Please don't ask me to go to archives. I love you too. PEACE

at 4033
baby bottle
NTK
GT 66
AKG SOLID TUBE
But before I answer...tell me...what kind of guitar, how thick the pick, how hard the strum, how loud the voice, what kind of pre, what range (tenor, baritone,etc),

I 2nd Big Kenny on the BabyBottle. We had alot of success a few weeks ago with a Baby Bottle on a Guild Jumbo acoustic (coupled with a Km184---spaced stereo) and the Baby on his voice. It didn't require very much EQ (2-3db of high eq). I think its a pretty good mic IMO....I got mine used for $250.

As much as I like the NTK, Ill suggest the Shure ksm44...Ive heard some stuff done with one and I like the thing for both...though theres better combinations for arround that price.

If I'm not mistaken a CAD M-9 is under $500-... you might want to look into one. Steve Earle turned me onto them, I quite like the thing.

Best of luck with your search.

i think using a marshall MXLv69 combined with a Marshall MXL603 for acoustic, and just the v69 for vocals is a good idea......and you come in under $400 with enuff to get (or make) good cables......

Titanship said:
Just kidding, kinda-
For under $500, what's the best mic for vocals and acoustic guitar. Please don't ask me to go to archives. I love you too. PEACE

Vocals and acoustic guitar? NTK

KSM44 is more than $500

Blessings, Terry

Big Kenny said:
at 4033
baby bottle
NTK
GT 66
AKG SOLID TUBE
But before I answer...tell me...what kind of guitar, how thick the pick, how hard the strum, how loud the voice, what kind of pre, what range (tenor, baritone,etc),

PICK! STRUMM!!! you, sir, are a flatpicking facist! ;)

Just kidding, we classical guitarists tend to be a bit sensitive. :cool:

Regards, Steve

Titanship said:
Just kidding, kinda-
There is no "best" mic for both vocals and acoustic guitar... there are some people who have favorites... but, even most of them use a different mic on acoustic guitar than the one they use on vocals... and the mics they like you might not like. I bet you wish you went to the archives now... lol. But, the above is no joke either.

Back