Don"t Do Favours!!!!

Link

Just a little story to tell you guys about a certain so-called friend of mine that I offered to do him a recording for a carton of beer type deal.

Basically I recorded 5 cover soings for him (drums bass and guitar) for a carton of beer (in october of 2000), and the only reason I said that I'd do it, is if it was done quickly, because I had a lot of other work on, otherwise it wouldn't get done at all . As the story goes...the vocals were basically half done,I arranged with the dickhead to come and mix it on a thursday and finish off the vocals, So i spent a few hours on the wednesday mixing it. It sounded good. Unfortunately this loser never showed up for mixing on the thursday, and I was recording a (paying) band on the saturday. I had to delete all the tracks that the previous band did.

Of the 5 songs that were recorded, 2 have been fully mixed and sent off for a compilation of some sort. So I was left with 3 tracks to delete, and I figured that I'd been screwed around by this dickhead enough so I deleted them, and wrote him an email explaining the situation ie...that I didn't have enough time, That I am selling my VS1680 in 3 weeks because I am totally strapped for cash. I get home today, and find a nice little note saying that if he doesn't receive the remaining songs within 10 days.....he is going to take legal action!!!

So I am left with 2 choices. I can decide not to do the recording, go to small claims court (in which case I'll have to give him back a carton of beer if he wins). Or I can do the mix, but make it sound like it was recorded for a carton of beer.......Basically make it sound like shite so that he can't come back and bite me on the arse legally. ( i am not sure if he can take any action at all because there was no documentation of the payment for beer for recording)

This has really pissed me off and will teach me to be a hell of a lot more weary around so called mates. The lesson here is that you make sure you are payed for your time.

What - this bozo plans on stepping in front of a judge and defending a half baked arrangement involving beer and cover tunes? I'd buy THAT tape before the one of Buck blasting a 57 mic with a shotgun. Tell the guy to fuck off.

I agree with Vurt. Besides, if no legal and binding documenation was signed by either party, I don't think anything can be held against you. I am not a lawyer, but seems to me that this is just a petty !@%hole that's whining about not getting a good person to do a good recording for a GREAT amount. It's the music biz, we'll see this kinda crap 'til doomsday. Good luck!

That's funny...

Hehe... that has tickled me i'm afraid... Send me the vocals and I will lay it over a drunken version of 'my old mans a dustman' then give it back to him... hehe

Steve...R

Great Story

So funny, I have Bronchitis and I laughed so hard
it hurt really bad.

What brand of beer we talking, Dom Perrignon?

Let the guy take you to court. when the Judge
hears him utter the word beer, he/she will ream
him a new one for wasting the courts time, and
you will have another great story to tell us.

PS, if you make the tape, mail it here and I will
lay down some violin tracks that will sound worse
than fingernails on a chalkboard.

One last thought

Why is this posted in the Roland Forum? I know
you are not supposed to double-post around here,
but this should be an exception. Post your tale
in the Dragon Cave, everyone will love it.

hmmm...

Well, just let your friend take you to the judge, and when judge´s conscient that the situation is not very professional, he/she´ll declare stupid to continue with the judgement... then, your friend will have to pay lots of money for wasting time on judgements, which you´ll use to make your studio grow up, and possibly the judge wants to go on party to celebrate his decision...

Just kiddin! :D

Don´t worry about your friend.

Freinds In Need

Link
What kind of deal could I get for a carton of cigarettes? :)
Thats a real bummer considering it's supposed to be a freind.
You need to talk to him on how real freinds act towards each other.
If that doesnt work throw a large keg party and dont invite Him.

Duck

HEY THIS GUY MAY HAVE DONE YOU A REAL FAVOUR AFTER ALL LET HIM TAKE YOU TO COURT ONCE THE JUDGE HEARS BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY AND REMEMBER DONT GET EMOTIONAL NOW JUST TELL THE JUDGE THE FACTS AS THEY ARE HEHEHE

I AM QUITE SURE YOU CAN STRING THIS CASE OUT LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE THIS FOOL FRUSTRATE THE JUDGE HEY YOU WONT NEED A VS1680 THEN YOU MAY BE BUYING GEFFEN STUDIOS WITH YOUR PAY OUT REMEMBER THE OLE PAIN AND SUFFERING TRICK IT SEEMS TO WORK MIRACLES WITH MOST CASES ALL FUN ASIDE STRANGE HOW SOMEPEOPLE JUST USE OTHER WHO DO THEM A GOOD TURN FOR NEXT TO NICKS

Back