Dollface original.

MatthewH

Hey guys, i know i said id post up the tracks as i went along, but i got carried away and finished things off and got an overall mix right about now.
take a listen! tell me what you think and what i should do to improve it (this is my first time recording/mixing a song properly so don't totally kill me, but be harsh) :)

Dollface mixdown 1.3 by Matthew-2 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I realize the guitar solo is a little bit messy.
What are your views on the "oohs" in the bridge leading to the chorus? (im 50/50) think maybe they should be drenched in reverb in the back of the mix).
thanks!

Thats a good track,you defo got something going on :)

Your voice is unique,it stands out from the crowd,the way you pronounce some words are hooklines themselves ...

your a songwriter concentrate on that ... have fun recording but don't beat yourself up about it, your mixing skills will get better,but imo you should get your ideas down as best you can and let someone else worry about recording them for you ..

am very interested to hear what more you got and if you can pull this hooky stuff off again, so i for one am looking forward to your next song :)

btw there aint nuffin wrong with that solo ;) and get your finger off the reverb button, "oohs" should be a tad louder not muddied

Great track,great work :thumbs up:

I liked the rhythm guitar and bass sounds. The song was pretty cool.

I think the rhythm guitar would sound a little nicer with a high end boost - say 6K and up.

The vocal is much dryer than the other tracks. To me - I'd dry up the other tracks.

The backing vocal "oooo's" weren't working. They were low in the mix. And I think you need to get a little better performance tracked. They don't need to be drenched in reverb.

The drums overall have a dull sound. That's mostly coming from the snare and kick tracks. The snare needs more "crack" to it and the kick is muddy and has a problem in some low frequency - maybe somewhere in the 60-90hz range.

And yeah - what don't you like about the guitar solo? It's not a complete shredding masterpiece. But it works very well with the song. I got no problems with it.

Thanks for the comments guys! + im glad you like the song, we'll rerecord the "oohs", they were just an off the bat idea and we didn't really think about the quality of the performance:). ill take your advice TripleM ill mess around with it a little, and post a revised version up probably tonight. thanks!

Back