Dogooder flooding

You remind of some of the old stoner SF hippies I hung out with in my youth.
Dude was that you? I thought you looked familiar! :laughings:

Yeah I had long hair, a van and did like partaking in the finer herbs back in the day......

Reactions: RFR
Back in the day of the Dragon Cave I would go to the end with the oldest posts in the cave and start answering them until the oldest posts were the only
thing you saw when you opened the page in the morning. You are getting off easy. I only sleep 4 hours a night, I have no job, I get bored sometimes. I will lay off
the posts for awhile. It is not like anyone is participating in them anyway. Like, current events, and the science post, very few but myself ever post in them.

When I agreed to be a moderator, I read the rules carefully, and they are very, very simple. One one bit relates to what people can post, the rest relates to what the mods can do about it.
Rules
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

Nothing posted breaks any of these - people have said they were annoying, pointless and linking to other things. We've had a few members who would post something. then in a short while, seeing no posts back, post something else, and repeat the cycle for whatever reason they have. I don't think I can moderate people's stuff that doesn't break rules. When I don't like a topic, I just don't click on it. Sometimes I get reports that make me go and read them, and unless they break rules, there's nothing I can do.

When I agreed to be a moderator, I read the rules carefully, and they are very, very simple. One one bit relates to what people can post, the rest relates to what the mods can do about it.
Rules
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

Nothing posted breaks any of these - people have said they were annoying, pointless and linking to other things. We've had a few members who would post something. then in a short while, seeing no posts back, post something else, and repeat the cycle for whatever reason they have. I don't think I can moderate people's stuff that doesn't break rules. When I don't like a topic, I just don't click on it. Sometimes I get reports that make me go and read them, and unless they break rules, there's nothing I can do.
I said I would lay off. No one seems to be interested in the science thread or the current events thread among others I have going so no big deal. You can go ahead and delete a bunch of them if you like, I have no problem with that. I would do it myself but then again, I always lie.

I think on any forum, deleting stuff is a slap in the face for the poster, but also those who replied. I certainly won't be touching them.

Is this a thread?

Speaking of floods it's rainin like a momma poppa up here in Bar Harbor. No bike riding today.
You live there? Have I mentioned this before?

My wife and I took 10 days early October last year and B&B'd up the coast of Maine. York, Kennebunkport, Boothbay, Camden, Bar Harbor, etc. Absolutely perfect weather, spectacular fall color. We ate and drank and had more fun than two people married for 25 years should be aloud. It was a bitchen time. Enjoyed that thoroughly.

I did see that you had some shit coming. Hope all is well.

You live there? Have I mentioned this before?
I live about 4 hours south of here in New Hampshire about 45 minutes west of York. I know the Maine coast fairly well. Spent many high school and later days in York, Wells. Kennebunk & etc... Funny story - me and me bestie were parked on the ocean road overlooking Walker's Point - the Bush Family compound - one fine July 4th choppin and snortin some lovely Peruvian marching powder when along comes this convoy of black Suburbans and cop cars. George was home for the weekend. I feel fairly certain they could see us. Shit if we'd had a rifle they'd have dropped us where we sat. Evidently they weren't getting too bothered by a July snowstorm...

Back