Does this place exist?

Berberman

Hi,

I'm a drummer and i'm setting up my recording DAW. Is there such a place on the internet where musicians colaborate to make music? I would be interested in recording drum tracks for tunes composed by other musicians. Is there such a place already?

Berberman said:
Hi,

I'm a drummer and i'm setting up my recording DAW. Is there such a place on the internet where musicians colaborate to make music? I would be interested in recording drum tracks for tunes composed by other musicians. Is there such a place already?
One place is here, especially the MP3 clinic.

sixways said:
I think its great in concept, but none of those sites that I have seen every really get promoted, and die out quickly.

Strange that these sort of websites do not get popular. I would imagine it would be in every home studio owner interest...

I think it would if there was one centralized that everyone knew about ...

its just hard to justify the bandwidth charges for limited users.

Audio files can get huge and there have been issues with mp3's not lining up right..silence getting cut off things like that.

Then theres the matter of quality. I tried one and a guy did a drum track for me...it was out of time and utterly horrible...he got pissed, we had to get a moderater involved...just turned into a real cluster.

I'd be glad to try some collabing with you via email if you get mind to,.

sixways said:
I think it would if there was one centralized that everyone knew about ...

its just hard to justify the bandwidth charges for limited users.

Audio files can get huge and there have been issues with mp3's not lining up right..silence getting cut off things like that.

Then theres the matter of quality. I tried one and a guy did a drum track for me...it was out of time and utterly horrible...he got pissed, we had to get a moderater involved...just turned into a real cluster.

I'd be glad to try some collabing with you via email if you get mind to,.

Sure thing. I'll shoot you a PM as soon as i have everything setup and ready to go - which should be as soon as my mics get here-

There is some guy who set up somethign like that called the referal list or somehtign ithink.
Daav

My studio is up and running. Throw your projects at me people. I'll have a listen and we'll take it from there.

Try www.digitalmusician.net

You can download a vst plugin to link compatible sequencers over the internet.

It's like msn messenger for cubase and best of all it's free.

I've never used it but you should check it out.

Hmm I should get at making a site like that, the hosting service I use offers unlimited bandwidth, and space on a lucious dual OC144 lines.

Back