Does this mix sound ok?

Ok; Thanks, I'll take that down. Think it's just volume or EQ? I used my acoustic amp it seems to get pretty high between 2-5k.

The guitar sounds fine, the rest is way too low. Try and up the vocals and drums and whatever else is back there. From what I hear the vocals are on pitch. Can you redo the guitar and try and get rid of the string noise? I usually use new strings and try not to drag my hands along the strings too much. The lead is - not in tune in places. Sounds like Hotel California....

Ok I'll bring everything up in the next version, Thanks a lot. I was dragging my fingers on the C#m-B, gotta stop that awful screeching, think it is time for some new strings. Got frustrated with the vocals and just kinda threw the lead in on the end, didn't catch it until after I finished when I went from verse to chorus seems like you are expecting, "Welcome to the hotel Caclfornia......" That wasn't meant, believe I'll change he whole thing make it more original.

The guitar sounds fine, the rest is way too low. Try and up the vocals and drums and whatever else is back there. From what I hear the vocals are on pitch.

+1

Or just ditch everything behind the guitar except the voice, and bring that up relative to the guitar. It would be more effective.

Don't change the tune. Every tune in the world with a constantly descending minor chord pattern is gonna be compared to Hotel California. If nobody can sue you for it, hang onto it.

I'd EQ some of the very very high end (10k+) off from the acoustic guitars as it's hurting my ears when sliding, that or take off some compression. I'd turn it down, add some brighness and presence to the voice. Up the Drums' cymbals too and pan them more, they sound awfully mono.

When you bring the vocals up, make sure the lead electric part matches the vocals too.

Can I hear a piano?

Sounds like I hear a piano in there too...and it is really out of tune with everything else in places. Like it's hitting sour notes. The solo section sounds pretty bad too me. A lot of uncomfortable notes in there.

The squeaking guitar is way too loud... I can't hear the drums, bass, vocal, lead guitar, or anything else you might have put in.

Reduce the loud guitar and it might not squeak so much, and then we might also hear what else needs work.

I think that some of the comments here on the guitars are because they're panned hard left and right.
If you pan them sort of halfway between center and hard left/right then it will sound a lot less intrusive and distracting. The top end in particular being at the extreme of panning is very difficult to listen to, I find it uncomfortable.

Back