Does PRo Tools LE work with any M-Audio Devices?

casenpoint

I can get my hands on pro tools LE. But I want to know is there a peripheral device I can use other than the MBox or Digidesign 002. Before I buy it! Bootleg... I know I can import audio formats and edit and mix. But I want to know Is there another device that I can use to drop one track if I need it. I am running Windows xp on a HP 7170.

casenpoint said:
I can get my hands on pro tools LE. But I want to know is there a peripheral device I can use other than the MBox or Digidesign 002. Before I buy it! Bootleg... I know I can import audio formats and edit and mix. But I want to know Is there another device that I can use to drop one track if I need it. I am running Windows xp on a HP 7170.

no
and you can't crack the program.

You can download a demo of protools m-powered if you're using a compatable M-audio device. That's what I did.

Providing that the M-Audio device carries the M-Powered sticker on the box you should be ok.
Given that the new M-audio devices seem to look/feel/smell the same as the pre-M-powered M-audio gear maybe its just the drivers that have been updated.
Maybe if you have an existing M-Audio device, downloading the current driver for it will give you Protools access??

Dags said:
Maybe if you have an existing M-Audio device, downloading the current driver for it will give you Protools access??

yes, but only Pro Tools M-Powered...which is purchased separately (or you can use the trial version).

buy the mbox, it's money well spent. I use it for a year and a half now (the old one) and it's working perfectly for me ;)

bennychico11 said:
yes, but only Pro Tools M-Powered...which is purchased separately (or you can use the trial version).

Ahh yes - That's very true. Thanks for picking that up, bc11.....I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm not thinking clearly.

Dags

Thanks for the comments.

I need to install a driver. I aquired the full version from a friend of mine.

Say he Brings his MBox over and loads the driver straight to my computer. Will the software still run after the Box is unpluged from my computer?

Keep in mind I only need this software for mixing. I record straight to my Alesis HD24.
Thanks again for the comments.

No. The device must be hooked up for Pro Tools to open. Word of warning, until version 7.1 is released, Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M-Powered can't exist on the same system.

There's got to be a way to fool the program into thinking it is hooked up. So if that's the case I have to buy a digidesign Peripheral device?

Again to reiterate, your friends LE is not going to work without LE hardware...just like M-Powered won't work without an appropriate M-Audio device, which still won't work without its dongle.

Allrighty then. Hey, Check out my studio in the BUilding Forum. If you live in the Long Beach,Ca Area and wan to collabe then hit me up.

Last edited:
Back