Does my music sound professional? (Electro/House/Something)

steffeeH

I bet my title sound kind of braggy, and you should know I feel kind of the opposite.

I've always been experimenting with music since a was 10-12 years old (I'm soon turning 21), but not until maybe 2 years ago I started to produce music seriously.
Since I started seriously I've always kept in mind to keep my head cool and be very, very selfcritical.
But now I have the feeling it's time to release my music to my friends and contacts, who I've never shown my work for (except 1 song that I had in a remixing contest a year ago).
And I really like what I produce and think it finally sounds perfect to me.
But I still have thoughts deep inside me, that what if I'm just fooling myself that it sounds great, and that in a year from now I will hate these songs and wonder what on earth I was doing.

So I need your oppinion on my music.

Does it sound professional?
Like some famous and experienced producer have made it? Or does it sound like just another bedroom producer fooling himself?
-> I'm not talking about the soundquality (like mixing and mastering), but the arrangement, my selection of sounds, everything artistic etc.

Please, just hit me with a wrestlingchair with your critique if it's necessary, I want honesty.

However, these 2 songs are not mixed or mastered, for your info.
Of course I've mixed a lot while creating, but I haven't gone through any pure mixingphase. I'll do this in a while.

Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4908lxxo8bz46to/kAhxW8AX18
Or if you don't like downloading, Soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/steve-hilo/gumball-test
https://soundcloud.com/steve-hilo/we-worship-you-mighty-radio

Thank you for your time, and sorry for the long post!
Have a nice day :)

FFS don't hate yourself.

It all sounds perfectly technical to me, but to be honest, I am the last person to ask about electronica. Can't you at least sample in some kind of human vocal thing. A Friedrich Nietzsche quote or anything will do...

RE: the first track sounds okay. It does get a little droning by the mid point. It just reminds me why I rarely listen to this style music anymore.

The problem with techno (from my outsider/third person point of view) is that each new wave in the genre is generated by a technological gimmick, so you're either at the crest of using the latest tools of the gimmick, or you risk sounding so 2012. :-/

My advice, if you love music, is to learn to play an instrument. If you have the natural aptitude you may find it easier to make music with an instrument then trying to juggle all the random, ever moving pieces of the techno/electronica puzzle. You can always add electronica to a song, it doesn't need to be "it"/the thing driving that song.

I started on bass, then learned guitar, tinkered with drums for a bit, and now I'm starting to slowly learn piano/keys. 20 year process for me and everyday I grow. If I had to live in loops, samples, and dragging sliders in automation all day I'd probably get tired pretty quick. As it is, I don't feel like I have any constraints. Probably because I don't.

My $0.02

Back