Does my audio interface have a direct effect on my bounces?

nbtech_2001

I am curious to how much a role my M-Audio 410 plays in my final bounced down audio?

My questions comes from a little problem with degraded sound quality after bouncing all my midi tracks down to a single track inside Sonar 8 Producer. i am bouncing within the same project and am converting to 24bit ( from 24 bit I believe)

If my M-Audio 410 is the culprit what would you recommend ( Audio Interface) for a transparent bounce from all my midi tracks, or am I just chasing my tail here?

thanks

No.

Unless the data goes out of the computer and back in again, the soundcard is not involved.

Bouncedowns are all internal to the computer and your 410 is not involved.

Ah, so I can safely assume that it would also be the same for exporting as well.

My thoughts on the sound quality degrading after bouncing is that all my plug in's are playing back at a higher quality resolution and after I bounce and convert that info into a stereo wave file it is essentially playing back at a lower resolution? (It seems like I lost some high end "10-15k" and my stereo width) idk, the bounced file SHOULD sound exactly like what my mix sounded like before I bounced, right?

What should I be looking for as culprits? Does Sonar 8 Producer do bad math? Or am I jumping to weird conclusions?

Thanks for your time.

-Core 2 duo
-3.5Gb Ram
-Western Digital SATA
-Sonar Producer 8
-Rapture, Battery, Zeta, Trilogy

I dont know Sonar very well, but maybe you are listening your songs in Sonar at higher bit depth or samplig rate. And you are bouncing to WAV, right?

yeah, I'm bouncing to wave..what you mentioned is probably the case but maybe I was also looking to hear if there was any issues with Sonar's bouncing "quality".

Back