Does it matter which OS I use?

Sorry everyone. :(

It sure did hang up. Big oops for the multiple posts there.

Actually, I just wanted everyone to know that what I have to say is so important, I get to post it 4 times, just to make sure people read it all. ;)

Fenderkid, I use Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, and sometimes I use Fruity Loops for some drums. I use it almost exclusively for a timekeeper, though, so I have a click track. It's much better for dance/techno type stuff. Programming a drum kit in that software isn't impossible, but it won't sound super good. A real drummer is always your best bet.

But, if you would like to do something with Fruity Loops, send me a PM, and I'll try and work with you so that you can get somewhat close to what you want. I do like the program a lot. I've just decided to spend my time finding a drummer instead of slaving over programming FL to sound like a kit. But, if you want to use it like a click track, with just a small amount of hits in it, possibly a large bass hit or something like that to go along with the acoustic, it could work out ok, I think.

-Speedy

Thanks for the input. Yeah I agree, I find it rather hard to find all the write drum pieces to put together a non-synthetic drum section. But when I spoke to my guitar teacher, about a month ago, he told me that programs such as Cubase and other Home Recording Studio's have built in drum kits. For right now, I'm certainly willing to work with synthetic sounding. When I began recording, I was using a 250 dollar keyboard and a pair of headphones to follow along with the song, but it became more of a headache than a plus, due to the fact that it was hard to keep up with the music when turnarounds and transitions came up. I've looked through Cakewalk's Home Studio 2004 and I see that it has drum maps and I really don't have any idea what that means. I'd love to know how use the built in drum kits if it has any. Any info is a big help guys thanks again.

Back