Does anyone run firewire and pci devices?

SilentSound

I have a motu ultralite and am thinking about getting a motu 2408 mk3. I was wondering if anyone does anything like this and if there are any conflicts possible. Also, I'm open to options other than the 2408 but only if there aren't any built in pres...

Thanks!

The only conflict I can think of is which ASIO driver you would use (if you use asio).

I have a PCI Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (ergh) running alongside a USB Lexicon interface. There are no hardware conflicts, and I run ASIO4ALL which picks up both interfaces and provides a nice control panel for using them.

I mix both outputs from the interfaces into my monitors so I can use the USB interface for cubase outputs, and everything else (youtube, films, mp3s, etc) goes out the creative card.

So yeah - just consider what asio your going to run and how you plan to monitor both devices.

MOTU uses a single core driver for all their Firewire interfaces. Not sure if it is the same driver for PCI or not.

Why?

Just get an 8Pre and plug it into the ADAT port of the Ultralite.

Work WITH the bus you've already got running instead of trying to cause yourself problems....

I tend to agree. Or plug it in via FireWire. Either way. Unless the goal is to get more outputs, that is.

Back