Does anyone remember this certain effect from a classic movie....

DogRox

or maybe it was a tv show... I am looking for a wave file sample of this specific scenet i seen in a movie or tv show cause it has an effect i am trying to acomplish. I need the wave to listen to to get as close as a match as possible!..

But here is the thing.. i cant remeber WHERE or WHAT TV SHOW or MOVIE i seen it on since it was so long ago... but all i can picture is people or aliens traveling through space TOWARDS earth.. and they hear this MONTAGE of RADIO broadcasts.. of OLD news and stuff! .. but in the back ground is the effect i am looking .. if i remeber there was liks some sound effect done with strings or brass! instrumental or something

DONT QUOTE me on the traveling to earth thing.. as i say it was LIKE LONG time ago when i remember it.. ... i thought it was HG WELLS TIME MACHINE and did searches on that and couldnt find any wave file sample of it.. then i thought it was TWILIGHT ZONE.. but nothing there either! Then i thought it was on the SUPERMAN movie where SUPERMAN was a baby travling through space TOWARDS earth.. and hearing all these speeches and clips.. but it wasnt that either cause the background sound was NOT what i was loooking for!

Doesn anyone have any idea on what i am trying to seek here?! and where i might find it?!

Hmm, could be the intro to Mars Attacks. I would guess the sound you are looking for is a Theramine. That is what they used for flying saucer sounds on a lot of 50's sci fi stuff.

TexRoadkill said:
Hmm, could be the intro to Mars Attacks. I would guess the sound you are looking for is a Theramine. That is what they used for flying saucer sounds on a lot of 50's sci fi stuff.

i remember that movie..I looked for audio samples from that movie as well.. i couldnt find what i was looking for.. tho i dont remeber what the intro sounded like!.. .. but the thing i am looking for is more of a music peice then a sound effect really!! is that kinda what the intro was?!?! did it have radio broadcasts over it like a montage?!

It's been awhile since I've seen it but that sounds like what they did. The movie was a spoof of other sci fi films so they were probably copying whatever you are thinking of.

What is the effect you want to accomplish?

TexRoadkill said:
It's been awhile since I've seen it but that sounds like what they did. The movie was a spoof of other sci fi films so they were probably copying whatever you are thinking of.

What is the effect you want to accomplish?
Hey Tex.. i found this wav file doing a search.. and i am hearing it..

http://www.airburst.co.uk/oscar/sounds/theremin.wav

i KNOW what your talking about now.. but i still dont think it is the effect Thats what the effect your talkign about!. .i am just not sure if it IS what i am looking for!...without hearing the intro to MARS ATTACK and how this effect is used with the radio Broadcasts fading in and out!

all i can picture is something like TIME MACHINE.. the old classic where the machine is cranked up and then you hear the old radio clips as your traveling back through time.. etc.. and the music in behind it hehe!.. man this is hard to explain!..

ok i searched and found the INTRO to OUTER LIMITS and all that is a guy talking and saying somethign about entering the OUTER LIMITS and then there is a quick second of brass music and done!.. thats not it! :(

Michael Jones said:

OK that is the whole speech to what the small part i heard above!.. thats the intro.. that has some back ground stuff going on .. buts till not the effect.. it hink it is cause what i am picturing is something that has the radio broadcasts traveling through space!.. like your closing in on earth and this montage of all the speeches and broadcasts fade in and out!.. know what i mean?!?! it was done back for a tv show like i said.. .. tho not sure what one it was.. or where i heard it cause it was so long ago!.. i am tring to get that SAME effect!.. listeing to the OUTER LIMITS thing.. kinda brings me back to maybe it was HARPS in the back gground.. or somethign.. thats why i need to find soethign wiht news broadcats fading in andout to give me a better idea!

oh well.. yeah i am trying to match that same feel.. as though your traveing through time and space to resemble that old classic clip. It has to give you that feel your are actually listening to that classic piece!

But i am doing it from scratch.. and without something to go by .. it is like trying to make a train sound from scratch without knowing what a train sounds like, say for for example! It wouldnt work, you just cant wing something like that!

But i appreciate all you guys help tho!.. at least it gave me some other prospects i missed!

Could it be...

in the movie Contact where they play different broadcasts as they leave the solar system? That's the only thing I can think of that matches your description. I hope this helps.

Bill L

Re: Could it be...

Bill L said:
in the movie Contact where they play different broadcasts as they leave the solar system? That's the only thing I can think of that matches your description. I hope this helps.

Bill L
Hmm.. never seen the movie.. but that could be an idea of what i want.. sounds like it MAY be!

Re: Here's a link...

Bill L said:
to an astronomy web site that has some comments about the scene (and the astronomy) in the movie. Check out his other reviews and the moon landing hoax because they are very good.

http://badastronomy.com/bad/movies/contact.html

Bill L
i just checked it out.. and from what they said about the opener scene .. that kinda like what i am pictureing but it doesnt say what the actual sounds they used to make the scene!.. which is kinda irrelevant for the site review of them movie!

so that doens really help me.. besides thats a new movie too so that wont give me the CLASSIC feel i am looking for either!

thanx anyways! i appreciate all the ideas!

Re: Re: Here's a link...

hmm.. it just dawned on me.. another movie it MAY have been in... i dont know if the name of it wa CRITTERS but all i can think about was the three bounty hunters coming form space to EARTH to kill them creatures.. one of them didnt have a face and kept changing his appearance into everyone he had contact wiht... now i am not sure if the effect was on that!.. just came to my mind!

i am looking in the old CLASSIC SCIFI data bases to see if i cam find anything there

Re: Re: Re: Here's a link...

DogRox said:
hmm.. it just dawned on me.. another movie it MAY have been in... i dont know if the name of it wa CRITTERS but all i can think about was the three bounty hunters coming form space to EARTH to kill them creatures.. one of them didnt have a face and kept changing his appearance into everyone he had contact wiht... now i am not sure if the effect was on that!.. just came to my mind!

i am looking in the old CLASSIC SCIFI data bases to see if i cam find anything there
[/QUOTE

I think that was one of the cheesy 'Superman' sequels (the one that didn't have Richard Pryor)]

Re: Re: Re: Re: Here's a link...

coplinger said:
DogRox said:

[/QUOTE

I think that was one of the cheesy 'Superman' sequels (the one that didn't have Richard Pryor)]
No that was for CRITTTERS.. cause i had the movie long time ago!.. your thinkign about the superman movie that had the three prisoners that excaped the cell and flown to earth and raised HOVAK!... (2 guys and a girl).... yeah no what i was talking about was form the MOVIE CRITTERS where they were three bounty hunters and one of them couldnt stay transformed into a human he kept changing into people.. he first changed int o agirl that was in the centerfold of a magzine they found on the gorund when they landed... then he changed into the nerd that was one of the other charcters in the m ovier! heheh!.. they were tyring to hunt them little furballs!.. :o)

Back