Does anybody use one of these?

I had one way back in the day. It's a great pedal. It can add some noise to your chain, so beware.

JR#97 said:
I had one way back in the day. It's a great pedal. It can add some noise to your chain, so beware.

Very good point JR,

"All the noise, all the noise noise noise!"

We recording nuts miss out on a lot of fun toys, do to the noise.

I too, have gotten very picky about noise, barefoot to ground, and face east. This is my quiet zone, how about you?

GT

Yes, the Dano can use a wall wart, matter of fact the exact same one that the Boss uses - same connector. Also, they are $29.99 at Musician's friend. I haven't noticed any additional noise, but I have been using it for live use.

Major Tom said:
Yes, the Dano can use a wall wart, matter of fact the exact same one that the Boss uses - same connector. Also, they are $29.99 at Musician's friend. I haven't noticed any additional noise, but I have been using it for live use.

MT,

That's allmost too cheap to pass up, and go to Radio Shack and get a generic wall wart and save even more.

So you actually have Fish and Chips, is it as fun as it looks?

Do you ever use it for recording?

And finally, how's the weather?

GT

Yes, I have one. Read a few reviews, couldn't go wrong for $30.00. Fun as it looks? Well, it works great, very useful for matching levels, fattening a single coil, thinning a humbucker...I haven't used it for any recording, haven't really needed to, yet. I have used it in front of my J Station works good for that, but mostly use it for playin' live - gettin the right level to drive my amp properly with different guitars, and drop out a little low end on humbuckers. I guess any pedal can add a little noise, but it's probably as quiet as any other. Weather sucks! Hot, muggy, crap!!

Major Tom said:

Major Tom saves GT $10.00, details now!!

Took a Musician's Friend printout to my local Sam Ash.

Sam Ash wanted $39.00, and Musician's Friend $29.00.

They had to order it for me, can't wait to try it out.

Thank you Tom, you saved me Major bucks!!

GT

I got you all beat.

I got the Boss EQ, a Boss Heavy Metal, a cheap Arion phaser, an old 50's(or maybe 40's) Shure Model 51 dynamic mic, and a handful of wall warts and a couple Hotwheels for $5 at a "yard sale".

The only one I use is the EQ though, and I had to spruce it up, replace the LED, unbend the pedal cover. Definitely worth it though.

I use the EQ as a lead boost, or any time I need a little more volume and edge to my tone (slight boost around 4-6k area)

maestro_dmc said:
I got you all beat.

I got the Boss EQ, a Boss Heavy Metal, a cheap Arion phaser, an old 50's(or maybe 40's) Shure Model 51 dynamic mic, and a handful of wall warts and a couple Hotwheels for $5 at a "yard sale".

The only one I use is the EQ though, and I had to spruce it up, replace the LED, unbend the pedal cover. Definitely worth it though.

I use the EQ as a lead boost, or any time I need a little more volume and edge to my tone (slight boost around 4-6k area)

Oh, a yard sale marter, nyuk nyuk nyuk.

GT

GT said:
Oh, a yard sale marter, nyuk nyuk nyuk.

GT

Go ahead and laugh... ;)

I've picked up some incredible equipment buys at yard and estate sales. Takes a little time, and you have to look pretty close sometimes, but thar's gold in them thar junkpiles!
:D

Moonrider said:
Go ahead and laugh... ;)

I've picked up some incredible equipment buys at yard and estate sales. Takes a little time, and you have to look pretty close sometimes, but thar's gold in them thar junkpiles!
:D

No kidding! Did you see the deal that monty got at a flea market?

I's jus funin,

I too am a cheap bastard (Cheap Bastard Productions).

Here was my latest greatest steal.

Firebird allready saw it.

Got it used at Sam Ash, not a scratch on it, and works perfectly.

I'm using it for computer speakers. Luckaly five band eq, was able to tame tweeter nasties, remove some box sound, and bring deep bass up to par.

I use them monitor style, on the terrazzo floor tilted back, man they sound great. Actually good enough to mix with!!

I also use these to listen to you knuckleheads, in the clinic.

One of the best buys I've made in awhile, $100.00.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--SAMDMS80

GT

Back