Does any one run or work in a 'proper' studio?

Hey all,,,

Can't see anywhere better to put this, but if the mods wanna move it, that's cool. :D

I'm doing my degree at the minute, and for the business and careers module, i've proposed to seek work in the recording industry.(ie, local established studios)

The tutor has suggested that i open the field slightly as gaining studio work is pretty unrealistic, and to an extent, i do agree.

It seems now that my goals are gonna be to pursue technical audio work in other areas (tv,radio,etc etc), but he did suggest that i follow up the recording studio thing from the point of view of working independently / setting up my own business.

To that end, it would be valuable to know what current studio owners/managers/employees think about this idea, given their experiences.

I'm really asking if anyone in current studio work/ownership would be prepared to answer a few questions.
nothing taxing...just like, a bit of an interview about how it works now adays. What to be aware of when setting up a studio business, dos and donts...things like that.

Thanks in advance all...as always, any input is appreciated.

Back