do you still have your old gear? if so, which?

osus

the general consesus seems to be save up and buy better from the beginning, but since that's not always possible, i'm wondering how many of the veterans in this community have old, 'cheap' gear that you find a use for, despite owning newer, more expensive stuff.

how many of you have nice preamps but still pull out the dmp3 for certain tasks? how many of you have multiple systems for A/D/A conversion and use them either regularly or at least specifically for certain tasks?

most importantly, what is the old, 'outdated' gear that you still find yourself using?

i'm asking in computer recording specifically because it seems like computer audio interfaces are the fastest developing (and thus obsoleting) component in recording, and in many other parts of the process it's a no-brainer--people who own U47's still use sm57's all the time, people who've acclimated through years of listening to a set of events may keep them around for A/B'ing with their genelecs, but even then i'm interested in hearing across the board what introductory-level gear everyone here thinks qualifies as being worth hanging on to.

hopefully it will spark an interesting discussion, which unfortuantely, with my limited experience, i cannot add anything to.

thanks!

Back