do you neeed monitors

kunalkho

why do you need monitors when mixing is it really that important or can you just use headphones or computer speakers....tohelp mix cuz i have 5.1 surround speakers for my comp......and can u hook up computer speakers to an MBOX?

Well yeah you can but your going to miss a lot by not using monitors.

:-)cool:)

I agree with this.

And the way you hook up computer speakers to your MBox is by taking the 1/8" stereo jack to your speakers out of the back of the computer, and plug it into the headphone output of an mbox. If you're using an MBox 2, you'll need to put an 1/8" to 1/4" adapter on the jack.

/\/\/\ What Moresound said. :)

You CAN mix on cans or computer speakers or home stereo systems but they're gonna be hyped in certain frequencies and just not accurate. With enough burned CD's and time, you can find the sweet spots in your mixes. But it'll come down to.........if it sounds good on your system, then it's wrong. Once ya learn the tweaks that'll make it sound right on other systems, it's not gonna sound right on yours.
See what I mean?

Monitors (can) give you more accuracy in detail which will help in how your mixes translate to different systems.

Like if you did all your mixes on the 5.0 system, they'll sound good on that 5.1 system and others like it. Not so much on car stereos or home systems or regular computer setups with 2 speakers and a sub.

It's about how they translate.

;)

Last edited:
/\/\/\ What Moresound said. :)

You CAN mix on cans or computer speakers or home stereo systems but they're gonna be hyped in certain frequencies and just not accurate. With enough burned CD's and time, you can find the sweet spots in your mixes. But it'll come down to.........if it sounds good on your system, then it's wrong. Once ya learn the tweaks that'll make it sound right on other systems, it's not gonna sound right on yours.
See what I mean?

Monitors (can) give you more accuracy in detail which will help in how your mixes translate to different systems.

Like if you did all your mixes on the 5.0 system, they'll sound good on that 5.1 system and others like it. Not so much on car stereos or home systems or regular computer setups with 2 speakers and a sub.

It's about how they translate.

;)

Wait a second......

:eek: Dogs can't talk!! :eek:

:D

er....I mean....

woof woof....Grrrrrrr...

uh....

bow wow....woof....

ah fuggit....wanna beer while I'm up?
:D

I wish my pooch had that attitude :D

It's time to hit the hay. 1AM, that's an early night for me.

Ah screw it, let's get :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

7:30 here in the New England I've still got 7 or 8 more good hours in me but.......your already in tomorrow......woe :eek:

:-)cool:)

lol @ phil babb :laughings:

_1022021_babb1_300.jpg

Back