Do you know any better way to fix Deity S mic 2 (or any other shoot gun mic) to Zoom H6?

Looks workable apart from one thing. Why the ridiculously thick mic cable - this will tend to get in the way? I'd suggest that a much thinner one will give you a bit of extra mechanical isolation too. That foam windshield will be OK for still days, but even a modest breeze will get through it, making a decent basket or long hairy cover pretty essential.

For ambient sounds I'd consider just using the XY or MS capsule. In most cases you'd probably want a stereo recording.

If it's a video, I often just mix in a little bit of the camera's built-in mic audio (if available), since those things pick up everything.

Thanks!
Maybe there is some 90 degrees XLR connector that I can plug directly into Zoom and plug the mic into the connector without a cable?

Thanks!
Maybe there is some 90 degrees XLR connector that I can plug directly into Zoom and plug the mic into the connector without a cable?
Don't you have the XY [stereo] microphone that plugs into the end of the H6?

I now see that they no longer include the MS capsule that came with the original version I had bought back in 2013 or so.

For an interview, I'd consider supplementing that with a wired or wireless lav, honestly.

This is normally what I use for a camcorder, but as you can see could be used for a recorder with a 1/4" mount hole. The bottom of the bracket also has a 1/4" thread that could allow use on top of a tripod as well. Can the H6 lay flat on a bracket like this? I think I'd be reluctant to use a clamp on the recorder not knowing if the grip pressure could potentially damage something inside. I do use a clamp like yours to mount my H4n to a mic stand and it works well.

Attachments

• bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Slow on the uptake here - didn't see that it was somehow necessary they be fixed together. Yeah, not anything obvious you could do that wouldn't rely, probably eventually detrimentally, to the H6 plastics. I wouldn't even do that to my F8, honestly.

You could just get a short mic bar and put that on your desktop stand, then mount the mic and H6 separately. You'd need at least one adapter to 1/4" threads for the H6 or to 5/8" if you're using one of those little camera tripods like the pic.

Don't you have the XY [stereo] microphone that plugs into the end of the H6?

I now see that they no longer include the MS capsule that came with the original version I had bought back in 2013 or so.

For an interview, I'd consider supplementing that with a wired or wireless lav, honestly.
I have 2 of them and MS capsule as well, but they are noisier than Deity...

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions!
I think this is what I need:

Back