do you hate guitar cabs?

melonman

i hate the sound of my guitar players cabinet. he plays a marshell head thorugh a randall cab. we have spent countless hours with the goddamn thing to get it to sound right, but it just doesn't cut it. we tried recording a few tracks with a fender combo (i forget the exact model, i'll post it later), and it sounded great, much more compact, and warm. less of a fucking headache.

melonman said:
i hate the sound of my guitar players cabinet. he plays a marshell head thorugh a randall cab. we have spent countless hours with the goddamn thing to get it to sound right, but it just doesn't cut it. we tried recording a few tracks with a fender combo (i forget the exact model, i'll post it later), and it sounded great, much more compact, and warm. less of a fucking headache.

So why is it the cab that sucks? Maybe its the Marshall. You know, there is more than one Marshall out there. -and they are not all the sound of God.

Outlaws said:
So why is it the cab that sucks? Maybe its the Marshall. You know, there is more than one Marshall out there. -and they are not all the sound of God.

Areed. but the cab could have something to do with it. probably the amp though. or maybe even tubes if it's a tube marshall

Outlaws said:

Totally agree, some of these questions [or remarks] are getting better all the time eh? Seems that we having inspiring momement here with threads like: "Who else hates.................or "Does your Cabinet Suck as Well?"

Any technical problem can be solved, so it may be speaker or......................maybe even how you miked up the cabinet.

Oh the Fender was better ? Well they have different speakers eh? So the mikes might respond differently, even the room..............................or your guitarplayer's guitar and pedals [does he use any, or does he hates those as well? :D ]

It is hard to solve a sate of mind...............When Hate is in the air, it is hard to get some LOVE in the door, me personally, I like to fall in love with all the sounds I am making, as this makes it far easier to have some inspired musical moments.................okay this is not about speakers or Marshall or whatever, but most of the time, that is really what is going on, usually the equipment is fine, it is the people using them and perhaps not understanding why they use them, or what they want from them.

No no I am not saying you are like that at all ;) , just thought you may bypass some of this, anyway...............have a ball with the Fendercab. they sure do Rock.

Cheers

Eddie :)

Back