Do Vocal Intonators Work?

mike2731

Hi everyone, I was looking at some of the various Vocal Intonation (pitch correction for vocals) products on the market. It makes me wonder, do these things really work? Has anyone had experience with them? I can't afford a TC Electronics device, but I've seen various others in the $300'ish range. I'd love to know what you guys think as far as how they actually work, ie, do they really correct vocal pitch, does it sound natural, etc. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Mike

Yes and no. I can't stand fake pitch correction, it annoys the hell out of me. But I must say, that if you really want a unit go for an antares plug in, if you aren't using a DAW then stay away, the rack mount versions are useless.

Later,
musik

Thanks, although I somehow thought that would be the answer I would get. I've never liked pitch shifting machines for the same reasons as you, they don't sound real. I use a Yamaha AW16G, so I'm not computer based and I had read that the Antares plug-in stuff was much better than the rack stuff. Thanks for the info, I've never used any of these newer machines.

Back