Do posts in here count on one's post count?

The problem is that when you do a scan for "new posts" you get a half dozen threads with Biden/Trump garbage, and 2 with message about recording issues. It was the same with Covid threads. They go on for a thousand posts which are basically "You're Wrong .. No you're wrong... no you're wrong... no you're wrong." It's really boring, pointless and soon devolves into name calling. I would rather slap an ignore on the the thread and move on instead of having to click the last post number, and then click back, only to find that 3 more posts of "no you're wrong" have gone up.

You can put people on ignore (I have several) but the threads apparently can't be.

Reactions: TAE
I've mentioned before (maybe it's not possible with the software) but if there was a way to ignore a thread that would be great.
Ignoring a thread is easy...just don't click on it once you know it's a shit show...problem is as humans, curiosity usually gets the best of us and there we are in the middle of it reading that BS all over again....HELP ME!

For sure. There's no reason why the one Irish member here can't have her own sub to discuss American politics. Keep sucking up to the mod and maybe one day you'll get your wish.

Regards 'sucking up to the mod'. How very childish darling. I don't suppose James gives two f***s what I think.

Last edited:
For fuck sake. Why can't you guys realize that I am the only moderator here that gives a shit about both sides of an argument?

It may just be time for me to retire from my non paying job here that only really allows me to edit things like a new member who can't figure out how to post a link.

Some of us seem to have no fucking respect for the fact that this forum is tolerant of bullshit and allows you to speak your mind on a forum that is supposed to be about recording. And then take advantage of the freedom to speak our minds, yet complain when a thread that has obviously gone way past it's point gets closed. We were allowed to post on a shaky topic for so long, that some forgot that it was not even allowed to begin with.

Seriously, get a grip. Don't fucking blame me for being tolerant and then chastise because I got around to ending a thread.
That sounds like something a child would say. "Well, grandma lets me get away with eating the whole bag of M&M's, why does my Mom only allow me 2"?

In these times, it is obvious all of us have issues that we want to express. Not sure that this is the the right place for that, as it separates us all from the reason we are supposedly here for... So we all do need a place to vent. Is this the appropriate place? I'm not sure it is fitting unless we treat it with respect as to why we are here. If it is a community united about recording, then why do we banter in an off topic forum and divide ourselves? It just doesn't sound like peas and carrots does it?

What admin or owners feel, will be up to them. I don't have any control over that other than my possible tenure here as a moderator.

I agree that it may be time for a separate forum for politics outside of 'Prime Time'. Obviously Prime Time has been overwhelmingly filled with political discussions lately.

I will suggest that to the owners and other mods before I throw in my towel.

Cheers!

Some of us seem to have no fucking respect for the fact that this forum is tolerant of bullshit and allows you to speak your mind on a forum that is supposed to be about recording. And then take advantage of the freedom to speak our minds, yet complain when a thread that has obviously gone way past it's point gets closed. We were allowed to post on a shaky topic for so long, that some forgot that it was not even allowed to begin with.

Seriously, get a grip. Don't fucking blame me for being tolerant and then chastise because I got around to ending a thread.
That sounds like something a child would say. "Well, grandma lets me get away with eating the whole bag of M&M's, why does my Mom only allow me 2"?
Well, the owners of the board gave the community a place to talk about things unrelated to recording. Now you want praise for being "tolerant" of it? And closing threads because you deem them unworthy of remaining open isn't really tolerant, right? You could just let things flow and step in when people start threatening each other. That's moderating, yeah?

But I digress. Thank you SOOOO MUCH for allowing us to talk about things unrelated to recording. It really means a lot.

And jimmy, you seem cool dude. I would definitely like to have lunch with you and TAE if you ever make it out here. I don't dig the closing of threads when you get frustrated within them. That's heavy handed moderation and it's not really fair. Or cool. There are a couple of lunatics on here that can spout insane shit all day long. That gets tolerated but threads get closed when you decide they have ran their course? Seems dumb to me. That's all.

And jimmy, you seem cool dude. I would definitely like to have lunch with you and TAE if you ever make it out here. I don't dig the closing of threads when you get frustrated within them. That's heavy handed moderation and it's not really fair. Or cool. There are a couple of lunatics on here that can spout insane shit all day long. That gets tolerated but threads get closed when you decide they have ran their course? Seems dumb to me. That's all.
Man, I let it go for so long... There is no heavy hand at all. It just was going nowhere and shouldn't have gone as long as it did.

Seriously, I am all about free speech and this has all been tolerated with the owners. I am not sure how to moderate anything anymore.
I am ready to resign and not be held back by rules of moderation myself. I have already posted to the other mods my feelings about this.

I'm just done.

And yes, I would love to have lunch with you as well. I'm not an asshole.

Man, I let it go for so long... There is no heavy hand at all. It just was going nowhere and shouldn't have gone as long as it did.

Seriously, I am all about free speech and this has all been tolerated with the owners. I am not sure how to moderate anything anymore.
I am ready to resign and not be held back by rules of moderation myself. I have already posted to the other mods my feelings about this.

I'm just done.

And yes, I would love to have lunch with you as well. I'm not an asshole.
All threads die a natural death. Unless they are killed off first. Whatever though. If you can afford to quit, and you want to not moderate anymore I say quit.

All threads die a natural death. Unless they are killed off first. Whatever though. If you can afford to quit, and you want to not moderate anymore I say quit.
Afford to quit? I got a discount from JH Brandt for his design/CAD drawings for my control room because we have had a 12 year relationship on this forum.
Otherwise I think I got a t-shirt once long ago.

There is no pay to be a moderator here. Not even sure admin gets a check. It is all donated time.
I do it because I want to. Kinda sucks for me not being able to speak my mind freely. But then my thoughts and ideals are moderate anyway.

I am just not a fan of being judged for moderating, when I am a moderate. If that makes any sense..

Afford to quit? I got a discount from JH Brandt for his design/CAD drawings for my control room because we have had a 12 year relationship on this forum.
Otherwise I think I got a t-shirt once long ago.

There is no pay to be a moderator here. Not even sure admin gets a check. It is all donated time.
I was kidding.

Back