Do I need to use sends and busses?

presto5

I recorded a scratch session of a song I`m working on just to see if I could get AA3 to burn the CD. I don`t remember the steps I took, I think I did "mixdown" and then "mastering effect" and then just burned the CD and it worked...Whats the difference of using sends and busses? :cool: the whole thing was like 6 or 7 tracks all together

short answer is No. (you don't need to)

you might use a bus (rather then simply loading a file into two separate tracks) if you wanted both an effected and uneffected (i.e. completely dry) in the mix

you might use a bus if you wanted to apply a single effect, with same exact settings, to more then one track (thus saving CPU cycles)

for example

sends are merely a way to route a signal somewhere other then the 'master' out, a bus is simply a signal path (so initial answer is not quite right if you want to listen to the music you at least use the 'master' bus)

short answer is No. (you don't need to)

you might use a bus (rather then simply loading a file into two separate tracks) if you wanted both an effected and uneffected (i.e. completely dry) in the mix

you might use a bus if you wanted to apply a single effect, with same exact settings, to more then one track (thus saving CPU cycles)

for example

sends are merely a way to route a signal somewhere other then the 'master' out, a bus is simply a signal path (so initial answer is not quite right if you want to listen to the music you at least use the 'master' bus)

Thanks man:D

Back