Do I have a hope with this equipment?

LukeZen

Hey folks, newbie sort of guy here. I was wondering what anybody thought of my (limited) gear and what I could hope to achieve with it. Bear in mind I cannot afford much right now since I've just relocated to France.

Vf80
Shure sm57 and sm58
Fairly good Washburn Acoustic guitar

Oh, and my brother's computer with such fascinating programs as Band in a Box and Fruity loops.

I mean I'm not trying to create anything super professional here, this is just for creative purposes, "doing my own thing"

Anybody got any ideas, tips, comments or anything.
What would be the best thing I could buy next?

SOUNDS GOOD.....

Sound's like a good set up with the computer based add on's you have alot of guy's here who know how to use them look around youll see. Good luck sound's like your'e ready to go....

I think you'll be amazed at how good your stuff can sound. Afew thoughts... The VF80 effects should be used sparingly, but I find the reverbs are very good. The final mix compression effects are in my view too heavy handed, and need to be avoided, or adjusted way down so as not to be so noticeable. So, I usually add whatever reverb I need during the bounce-down phase.

In the final analysis, the results will be more affected by you than your equipment.

:cool: You will like Band In A Box !! , It's kind of fun to use also not that difficult to learn........
Recomendations= keep it sweet and simple, you'll enjoy it the most.......

da MUTT

Band In the Box is a software packge from PG Music. You can type in the chords for a song, and it will generate all the music in a generic sence. By adjusting styles it can produce some amazing results.

It represents a good way to get started for a song, as you have correct background and tempo to use as a basis for live tracks. You can then leave the BIAB tracks, or replace with live as needed.

Ed

Back