Dmp3

Masters Of War

I was kind of set on getting a vtb1 cause it was a little cheaper than the dmp3, but the dmp comes with two channles and seems to get great praise from everyone as the best budget pre around. So I decided to throw down on the dmp instead and wait to buy an sm57 later. Is there a big difference between the vtb1 and the dmp3? Just wondering, I'm still getting the dmp for the second channle either way. Also, I have a behringer mic100, is there any use I could still put this thing to, you know other than a door stop? Thanks much.

If you use the search feature, there are probably at least 20 threads on this very topic, as it comes up quite frequently.

Both pres are solid budget priced preamps that, imo, are a step above what you'll find in most small mixers. The DMP3 is very clean and open sounding, which makes it nice for just about anything and the 2 channels allow for stereo recording. The VTB1 has a few more bells and whistles (insert point, variable impedance, tube blend) which gives it some additional versatility. Neither one is bad, but they are different.

As for the MIC100, I have never used it, so I can't say.

Back