DMp3>RNC settings.

SilverSurfer

Can you guys tell me what settings you use for vocals and for instruments on the DMP3 and RNC.

I'm using an Oktava Mark 319 for vocals. I know it's not the greatest but it works. For guitars I am using a new PodXT as I can't mic my amp in my apartment.

Thanks.

I may suggest to do a search with the words "vocal compression", or something like that. It's difficult to give default settings because there is no way to know how you sing, what kind of sound you want, etc.
Learn some compression theory basics, figure out how the knobs on the RNC react, analyze what you're hearing on playback and how you want it to be different, and then turn the knobs to give you want you want.
Good luck and have fun.

Terry

Usually I start will a slower attack time for vocals and hang on for a longer release. That won't work well if you are trying to limit transients, but whatever... There was an article by a guy that used to frequent this site many years ago that would be helpful. Anyway good luck.

J

Jtt said:
Usually I start will a slower attack time for vocals and hang on for a longer release. That won't work well if you are trying to limit transients, but whatever... There was an article by a guy that used to frequent this site many years ago that would be helpful. Anyway good luck.

J

Thanks. Any idea where I can find the article?! I'll utilize the search button :)

Back