Django Reinhardt wanna be!!!!!!!!

Fender

This is a piece called minor swing that I just recorded, I love django reinhardt I don't know if anyone else here likes him but I've been listening to him since I started guitar 6 years ago, (grade 6 i think) I'm working on my improvising and its good practicing by recording. The guitar I used for the "chunking" rythm is a steel takamine and my new baby, its a nylon string jazz guitar built Localy by a guy named Michael Berg. Great guitars. I played this guitar on lead too. The bass I played is just a fender percission, I would of liked to play a stand-up for that more of a Django sound. I recorded on my Darla card in Cubase and used some reverb and compression and equing with The Native Power Pack. Please take a listen and tell me what you think.

Thankyou.

Adam. Its called "DJ"
www.i-drive.com

Username: serbod
Password: hello

WOO HOO! And I'm a Django fan from WAY back.
That was smokin'!!!!
That got this old (1935 I think) L12 I've got on loan REALLY excited. This guitar is the perfect candidate for those chunka chunka rhythms. Not too shabby on the lead lines either. All you need is a violin solo section and you're swinging bigtime. And you're right- a stand-up bass is the way to go.

Thanks alot. Yeah, I never hear anyone ever talk about Django Reinhardt on this sight. Another good group I listen to which is as close as it gets to Django as possible is The Rosenberg Trio. Hes a good guitar player.

Anyways, thanks for listening. Anyone else like Django??

I don't think I know this guy you are talking about, but I liked what I heard. Thats some cool music.
bobbo

Keep doin' what you're doin'...that was good stuff...young people that can play piss me off....lol....gibs

I know what you mean gibs, I'd like to punch this guy! Great job, Fender! I was downloading this new one (which is perfect by the way) and realized that I had another tune of yours that I forgot I had. It's called "World" or something like that. Anyway, you've got a lot of talent. I eagerly await more!

That's a really great sounding song. I was a little skeptical before I heard it because attempting to mimic Django is no small feat but you did an excellent job.

Well, you've got that Django thing *down*. I listen to Django all the time, mainly because it's some of the best music of the last century. Hey, have you noticed how when he played with Stephane Grapelly, it was Stephane who really shone, and how Django provided the setting for the stone? Spectacular setting sometimes, yes? I think Django was fully aware of that, and that he was happy to serve such a good result.

I wonder what would happen if you stopped playing Django, and started playing fender.

I was in Sooke once, stayed at a motel down by the water and watched seals (or was it otters? - I thought it was seals) and something that looked like cranes in the tops of trees . Had fried eggs in the morning in a cafe with locals telling tall tales about cars. Nice place, I thought, despite having too many tall trees. :)

You can play guitar way better than me. I can write lyrics way better than Django. I've got a tune called Crescent Moon, if you're interested. Bit slower, just as funky, way sadder.

How many people played on that cut, anyway?

Hi. Thanks a lot for your replies. I have a friend who plays great Violin so I'm going to get him to do a solo somewhere. I just played in this cut. But I'm going to phone up a stand up bass player I think to play. Thats neat you were in sooke, it is a nice place. Was the cafe you went to called mom's cafe by any chance? I'll download your song. where is it??

Fender:
Some nice pickin' going on there ! Never listened to much Reinhardt, although I've read a little about him . . . Brian Setzer (Stray Cats )must have though . . . I was hearing Stray Cats in this tune.
From the sound of things, you got a career in music ahead of you . . . good luck to you (you little prick !! ) Sorry, that's just my jealous alterego cutting in.

Regards,
PAPicker

Mom's, yeah, that was it. :) The song's in my head - I haven't even recorded it, let alone started to learn about uploading things. :( Will that be the next project, then?

Back