Distortion VST for Vocals?

andyhix

:dank:
I'm not generally a big fan of distorted vocals, but a real light fuzz can be nice at times. Does anyone have a a Distortion VST that they think works real well on rock vocals? Yes, I am familiar with the KVR database, but there are, of course, several dozen distortion fx there. I don't really want to experiment with all of them. :D Thanks!

Edit: and yes I tried to search here to no avail...

Cubase's "Da Tube" can add a touch of grit, but I think it only comes with Cubase.

Camel Crusher is cool for something a little less subtle.

Some of the Digital Fishphones plugs (Blockfish, Dominion) have adjustable saturation in addition to the compression.

Blockfish sprang to mind here also. The saturation ain't bad if you don't overdo it. I also use a smidge of Da Tube fairly often, but mostly on bass.

MyMag (free)
SimulAnalogue TubeScreamer (free)

The MyMag is a distortion plugin exclusively and is capable of a very subtle distortion. Can't say how it sounds on vocals though.

Cool. Thanks guys! I'll be trying some of those out for sure. Heck probably all of them. Plug-ins are sort of addictive, aren't they? I find myself downloading them when I don't even have a use for them in mind.

Back