Distortion in Earbuds

Scottgman,

If you have a server that you can post one of the "problem" MP3s to, that may help. I don't think that pure specualtion can take it much further at this point without someone actually being able to look at the patient.

G.

Good call. I'll try to post it tonight. I've got band rehearsal tonight so it might have to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for your interest in helping though... I really appreciate it!

Crap. Maybe mp3 player won't accept the type of mp3 you made. like someone else said try different kbps, bit depth, khz etc. Are you recording Variable Bit Rate mp3's? Maybe the mp3 player is having trouble reading those when the bit rate changes dramatically?

Speculate all you want, ScottyG, or work towards an answer. We still haven't heard whether that MP3 has been played on any other systems. You have played WAVs and CDAs on other systems but the MP3 has till - as far as I can tell - only been played on the MP3 player.

It is for that reason at the very least that you should post your MP3, so it can be tested and played back on other systems and/or players. If there is a problem to be found with the MP3 or the mix, the folks out here will find it. If there is no problem to be found, then you know you have some bad buds or a bad player.

Either way, there will be progress. Until then you're just going to get a whole lot of maybe maybe maybe.

G.

Back