distorion problem

]]lo-fi[[

When I record and playback audio on my sequencer the new track brings distorion into the others. While the newly recorded track has none. I have everything set-up properly. The only thing I can think of is that the SB is a heap of poo. Any ideas?

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here.

By SB do you mean SoundBlaster? If so, which soundblaster?

When you say that you hear distortion when you playback and record...do you mean when you're recording WHILE playing back? If so, is that when the playback tracks sound distorted?

If that's the case then I'm betting you have an SB16, SB32, or (I believe) SB64. These cards are not truely full duplex. When you record while playing back, the playback will be 8bit but what you record will be 16bit. I have an SB16 and have to deal with this.

When you JUST PLAY all of the tracks together do you hear any distortion or does everything sound fine?

Slackmaster 2000

I have an SB16. And heres my example. I record a guitar solo using the wave-in of my SB16. While Im recording theres other audio thats playing along with it, like you said in 8-bit.When Im finished recording I will playback all of it and realize the guitar for some unknown reason sounds really distorted. I will erase the guitar track and then I notice that while the guitar recorded it also distorted the other tracks of audio(this was audio that was recorded with soft synths and exported in my sequencer)its not really distorting it as much as its placing a sort of white noise across everything.I hope this explains it.

Back