Dissonant Relative - Complextro

chandlerhimself

This is an electronic(complextro) song I wrote recently. I usually don't write music like this, but I wanted to try it. It was a lot of fun playing with synths and stuff. Anyway if you have any comments about arrangement, mixing, etc, please leave them below.

I like it!! Not sure if it stands up to 'professional' tracks in the genre and not sure if you care, but I suspect the sounds could be more extreme and warped. But I like it, you have a good sense of crafting 'dance melodies'.

Do I hear pumping side chain compression going on?

Interesting tune-I agree with the other poster who thought the sounds are maybe too clean, the high end is almost (is) a little piercing. I think the drum hits early are a little loud-they had me reaching for the volume knob in fear of what was coming. I like the solo pipe organ reminds of yes "parallels". And yes it sounds like it is compressing to the beat but maybe taking some energy away. As I listen I almost hear familiar sounds-like a video game death sound and an r2d2 type of sound-cool. Synths are fun to play with when your not a regular keyboard player and inspiring for sure. Oh and I know nothing about electronica and never heard of complextro, grain of salt required.

MysticNetherlan- I'm glad you like it. I do have a bit of side chain compression going on, but it's only on one synth. I'd like it to stand up to "professionals" in the genre, but I've only made 2 electronic songs, so I can't really expect to be at that level with so little work. I'd like to keep at it since it's fun writing this type of music sometimes.

Stratomaster- Thank you. I really need to treat my room because the high end seems to be a constant problem I'm having.

Back