dissapointed

ceprecord

I had a h/p 333mghz amd k62 computer, with a darla 20 bit pci audio card and a isa s/blaster awe 32 gold card mainly for midi. I could use both cards at the same time in cooledit or cakewalk and had all inputs and outputs connected to my mackie 1202vlz pro mixer and was even able to record with my darla and mixdown into my s/b card, why because it worked and worked well. I enjoyed turning knobs once in a while and using my outboard efx etc. and hearing the mix come together in real time, but when I'm serious I keep it all digital. Now onto problem. I gave that computer to my daughter and purchased an athlon 1.1 ghz 128 ram 60 gig hard drive with all pci slots no isa, so I purchased a s/b pci 512 . I hooked up everything as before and am getting pops while playing and recording, lockups and one crash. I have no conflicts in devices in control panel and have installed all new updated drivers for both cards. Most of the time it works great, but then it freezes or the darla card goes dead until I reboot. I wish I would have kept my old computer. Can anyone help or refer me to help?

I have no idea why you are mixing down to a sb card FROM a darla...sounds strange but couldnt you just mix back to the darla.....the converters on that sb card suck and defeats the purpose of the Darla......you may want to check and make sure the Darla is compatable with the Athlon, or the chipset that the motherboard uses.....

Back