dissapearing plugs??

bean 123

just installed a SX 3.0 and some of my plugs disappeard. (antares auto tune, others) They are not visible under "plug in info", but are still installed on my drive. Any ideas how to make it work again??

ok mr i have no time and i have 3,000 posts..... TO BE MORE SPECIFIC, ALL DIRECT X PLUG INS DISAPPEARED. CAN YOU HELP ME? Pardon me for asking a question that MAY be in the manual... i DO check it first and i also check prev. post so as to not ask a stupid question.. but apparantly your alpha male type love to pounce on fairly legit questions to forge your superiority complex. if you have time for 3K posts you obviously have none for real music production. too bad people like you clamp down on openeness and utlilize other's needs for your own self importance. you are a piss ant and you spoil what could be an info exchange and make it a theatre for your own drama. Smoke some more poles! thanks for that last post (whoever you are, sorry, i forgot your name) you mean to help. the others can pound sand up their a@#,. they make this site a proving ground, NOT a communal area for sharing tips. thanks to the good spirited, and PISS OF F to the rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok bean, getting shitty at someone that you think is being shitty to you is gonna do you no good in fixing your problem. there's plenty of good info exchange around here but you have to realize that everyone here is real and that means that you may get varied responses to a question.

btw, "read the fucking manual" seems to be the standard response to someone that is thought to be running pirated software. i don't see how anyone would think that you're running pirated software by your post.

i think some people around here tend to get tough skinned after awhile and seem to rarely offer any helpful info.

I wasn't even going along with the "pirate" angle - It really IS in the manual. The manual, the troubleshooting section, the QuickStart guide -

There are steps that should be followed before going on to a forum and saying "Hey - WTF is going on here?" That's all.

The part that makes him "look" like a pirate (I'll admit, although I'm not accusing anyone of anything, it does look a bit suspicious) is that he'd post here before going to Steinberg. There's a registered forum that covers all of this is GREAT detail.

And then when he jumps down other people's throats for suggesting anything as shocking as reading the manual... That doesn't exactly make his case either...

Come on guys. Sometimes reading a manual is not the solution. I've read my VST5 manual twice (all 360 pages) and some problems are still very confusing and we newbies need to fall back on the advice of you guys who have been around the block. It's not that most of us are lazy or have pirated the software...we just need a little help. When we've been at it as long as some of you have, Hopefully we can one day be the ones answering some poor newbie's call for help.

As for why he didn't contact the Steinberg forum first, let's just say the same attitude exists over there too. Let's all lighten up...not everyone who posts on this forum stole the software!

Right click on Start. Click Explore. Click on Program files. Click on Steinberg. Click on SX3, you'll see the folder "VST Plugins". Drag your plugin to that folder and you're set.

nbffan and garik were right. Look for the VST Pluggins folder, copy all your *.dll into it and consider it done.

thanks for the help! i appreciate the step by steps.. for the record, i try to read the manual but my short attention span frequently gets the best of me and i drift off...thanks again!!!

Back