Discontinued MR8/16HD

bschopp

I have just discovered that all the MR8 and MR16 product line, except the MR8MkII, have all been discontinued. Does anyone know why. I've been googling and binging and otherwise searching the web and can find no reference to why they've dropped this product line.

I'm considering upgrading my setup with either a Fostex LR16 or Presonus 16.4.2. Not knowing what happened to the MR8/16 product line gives me some reservations about the Fostex LR16.

It's usually because of dismal sales or because they're being replaced with new products. In the case of multitrackers, it's probably because everyone is switching to PC-based DAWs.

I waited for years because of cost to purchase an MR16 (no CD). A few months ago it was only $200 so I finally got one. Glad I got it when I did, I see they are hard to get now. That is too bad. It's a nice piece of equipment to have for a toy. I plan to ignore the fact that much more can be done with computer software and have a good time with it.
I probably could do quite a bit with Acid or Audition, but I am having a good time so far with the MR16. Today I'm attempting to install the wavmanager and see what happens there. I'll use an XP Pro computer, but wonder if any of it works on Windows 7. No big deal all of my editing software is on XP anyhow. I wish I could get a contact source at Fostex incase I ever have questions, but it loks like they'll never reply to my attempts already made.

I waited for years because of cost to purchase an MR16 (no CD). A few months ago it was only $200 so I finally got one. Glad I got it when I did, I see they are hard to get now. That is too bad. It's a nice piece of equipment to have for a toy. I plan to ignore the fact that much more can be done with computer software and have a good time with it.
I probably could do quite a bit with Acid or Audition, but I am having a good time so far with the MR16. Today I'm attempting to install the wavmanager and see what happens there. I'll use an XP Pro computer, but wonder if any of it works on Windows 7. No big deal all of my editing software is on XP anyhow. I wish I could get a contact source at Fostex incase I ever have questions, but it loks like they'll never reply to my attempts already made.

See Twitch's post above. The Fostex supported forum has been reopened.

Back